NCAA / BCS Bowl Games 2011-2012

Jimbo said:
Then you would have THAT debate every year.

Some years deserving, others not.

A Playoff is what is really needed.

Of course a playoff is needed, but even a one game playoff for the number 2 spot would have made a lot more sense.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

We won't have a play off or even a +1 added into the mix until the current BCS contract is up and that is I believe 2013 - can thank ESPN for that.

When did the Big Bowl games go to ESPN ?
The Rose has ALWAYS been on ABC.

I never realized that the Big games were on ESPN, did that start just this year ?

ESPN got them all last year and moved the Rose to espn this year. I believe there are only 2 bowl games on ABC, the rest are on espn, other than the Sun Bowl on CBS and the Cotton Bowl on Fox.

ESPN got them all last year and moved the Rose to espn this year. I believe there are only 2 bowl games on ABC, the rest are on espn, other than the Sun Bowl on CBS and the Cotton Bowl on Fox.

Wow, thats too bad ...

It's one thing to have the Non BCS Bowls all on Espn, quite another to have the Big Games on it.

There goes another TRADITION down the drain.

Wonder how the overlapping games are gonna work out, I know they have several ESPN channels out there, but when you get to the 3rd game, how many get espnu ?

Of course a playoff is needed, but even a one game playoff for the number 2 spot would have made a lot more sense.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Yeah, but the other 1 loss teams would cry foul.

Yeah, but were they that close in the final rating? My point is it would be more fair than the biased nature of the process now.

It shouldn't matter what a computer says about one 1 loss team over another. Let them show how good they are on the field. Isn't that what we are all talking about? Having a true champion that shows it on the field, not some computer telling me who is the best.

It shouldn't matter what a computer says about one 1 loss team over another. Let them show how good they are on the field. Isn't that what we are all talking about? Having a true champion that shows it on the field, not some computer telling me who is the best.

Of course, but I am tired of the bias of the voting and the process that results in BCS Title games like we have this year. I think a one game playoff between the #2 and #3 teams - given the system that exists now - would have made perfect sense. And would have given more legitimacy to Alabama being in the Championship game if they won the playoff.

Wow, thats too bad ...

It's one thing to have the Non BCS Bowls all on Espn, quite another to have the Big Games on it.

There goes another TRADITION down the drain.

Wonder how the overlapping games are gonna work out, I know they have several ESPN channels out there, but when you get to the 3rd game, how many get espnu ?

New Years Eve and New Years Day are the only days there is a game on ABC, ESPN 2 and ESPN U for the overlap at noon and 1pm. The rest of the games are scheduled to run consecutively on espn. Which you know the games never end on time, so someone is going to be channel jumping trying to find the start of their game unless espn puts a hold on kickoffs until the preceding game is over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)