NCAA / BCS Bowl Games 2011-2012

How about scrapping the BSC system and use the Division 1AA system, or better yet, lets use the system that the High Schools use, that seems to set up a playoff quite easily.

I'm all for a +1 setup but they should leave the AQ status and remove the up-for-large placements but at the same time if you keep AQ status those teams winning the conference should have to have a #15 or higher BCS Ranking and you shouldn't get into a BCS Bowl game unless you win you're conference +1 or not.

I'm all for a +1 setup but they should leave the AQ status and remove the up-for-large placements but at the same time if you keep AQ status those teams winning the conference should have to have a #15 or higher BCS Ranking and you shouldn't get into a BCS Bowl game unless you win you're conference +1 or not.

That would leave Vtech and Bama out this year

That would leave Vtech and Bama out this year

And? I guess the main one here is BCS bowls yes - Championship game no, must win Conf to play in National Championship but AQ's say as they are with a +1 system between the 4 BCS Bowls no matter what the ranking # is so long as you are 15th or higher.

Or why not just use the current BCS bowls Sugar, Orange, Fiesta and Rose for the playoff.... 8 teams play - then 4 teams play and then 2 but have them played well ahead of Xmas but the NC game can be played no later than Jan3rd.

And? I guess the main one here is BCS bowls yes - Championship game no, must win Conf to play in National Championship but AQ's say as they are with a +1 system between the 4 BCS Bowls no matter what the ranking # is so long as you are 15th or higher.

Or why not just use the current BCS bowls Sugar, Orange, Fiesta and Rose for the playoff.... 8 teams play - then 4 teams play and then 2 but have them played well ahead of Xmas but the NC game can be played no later than Jan3rd.

We tried to do this years ago, the NCAA and university Presidents wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Maybe they should revisit it now.

Interesting stats

[h=4]Bowl Records by Conferences (Totals by 2010 Season Membership)[/h]
Conference2010 RecordTotal GamesAll-Time RecordPct.
SEC5-5389201-175-13.533
Pac-122-2237122-109-6.527
Big East4-212263-57-2.524
ACC4-5305156-144-5.519
Mountain West4-113866-68-4.492
Big Ten3-5256122-131-3.482
Big 123-5336160-172-4.482
Conference USA2-413963-74-2.460

Alabama is NOT the second best team in the country.

I'm willing to debate any SEC fans here on why I don't think Bama's worthy of a title shot.

I'm willing to debate any SEC fans here on why I don't think Bama's worthy of a title shot.

Well I'll agree with that... first question from anyone of them would be who you think should be in their place and that is irrelevant.

SabresRule said:

So far you thought the bills would win their conference and you well be wrong so you think we well agree with what you think about this.

I tend to agree, since they already LOST to LSU, but seems to me that ship has sailed, and not certain what the point of the debate is anymore. Its a fixed system with plenty of bias.

It's not proven that LSU is better than Alabama, after all VPI is better than Clempson even after being spanked twice (at home and on neutral field). Therefore Alabama only losing in OT might be better than LSU :p

On a serious note, I'd rather see Oklahoma St. play LSU, even though the LSU/Alabama game was an epic defensive show (and I think Alabama would whip Oklahoma St.), I'd rather see a different matchup than one already played.

Ideally a 16-team playoff like I-AA (Go Eagles!!!), II, III, etc..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts