NCAA College Basketball 2011-12

and then there were none............

Murray State loses to Tennessee State tonight by 4 :(

edit: they lost by 4

ESPN said this morning that if they don't win their conference that they won't get into the tournament unless they were to beat St. Mary's.

Is it March yet?! Good god this regular season thing is boring.

And this right here is the difference between college football and college basketball.

NOBODY (save a select few of us) even pay attention to college basketball until football ends. And then when football does end, they want March Madness to start immediately.

The truth is, if you haven't been paying attention up until now, you've missed a LOT of amazing basketball. But the other truth is that a lot of it doesn't matter, because March Madness is ALL that matters.

The one good thing about college fotball's flawed system of crowning a national championship is that EVERY regular season game matters. In fact, you can make the argument that in some ways every regular season game IS a playoff game.

I am NOT advocating college football keep the status quo...don't turn around what I'm saying...ESPECIALLY after this year's Alabama/LSU debacle.

I'm just stating that nobody can say the collebe football regular season is boring.

Sandra

Well, Bama getting into the tourney is in serious question as of now. Anthony Grant has suspended his top 4 scores indefinitely.
Tony Mitchell earlier last week, and Green, Releford, and Steele before the LSU game saturday. That leaves us with a starting line up of 4 freshman that have not played much and a rarely used junior guard.

I give him props though.

Well, Bama getting into the tourney is in serious question as of now. Anthony Grant has suspended his top 4 scores indefinitely.
Tony Mitchell earlier last week, and Green, Releford, and Steele before the LSU game saturday. That leaves us with a starting line up of 4 freshman that have not played much and a rarely used junior guard.

I give him props though.
What did they do?

He hasnt said. What I gather though is whatever Mitchell did is worse than what the other three did, and the two situations are unrelated. He had a coach drive the last three home from Baton Rouge early saturday morning before the game.

This year's Big East Tournament is gonna be sad for me. Though I do live in South Florida... There is was NOTHING like watching the 'Cuse in MSG. I saw plenty of games at the Carrier Dome...and it was BEYOND awesome, but there is SOMETHING about MSG...and the 'Cuse...

...BUT, with the 'Cuse coming to the ACC, I will get a chance to see them more often with Miami being in the ACC. Bitter sweet to say the least.

Unfortunately conference tournaments are going to be a huge casualty of realignemnts. Actually, you can make the argument that with the advent of the 64 team NCAA tournament (which has now risen to 68) conference tournaments lost most of their relevancy for the big conferences a long time ago.

Now with long-time rivalries being moved around the country, power conference tournaments will mean even less.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts