NCAA FCS BigSky Conference sells TV rights

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
Well this is a big let down. The local station will no longer be able to show the Griz and Cat games. They can bid for the leftovers though. :( The Big Sky has sold the TV rights and will announce tomorrow who bought them.

Well this is a big let down. The local station will no longer be able to show the Griz and Cat games. They can bid for the leftovers though. :( The Big Sky has sold the TV rights and will announce tomorrow who bought them.

Well hopefully it's sold to a provider you can get.The Socon sold games to PBS last season,was able to catch more App.St games than ever before.

Well hopefully it's sold to a provider you can get.The Socon sold games to PBS last season,was able to catch more App.St games than ever before.
Unfortunately the only providers are "Paid Providers" cable and satellite. This will expose these games to millions of viewers and remove them from OTA.

I dont see the issue here. More exposure honestly. This just lets ROOT sports get a football game or two a week then to be shown nationally. Basketball would be alot more. Altitude would show games previously (including Montana State) so I wonder if they will have some games

Anything not on Root can still be shown locally. So Griz can be on MTN, Cats can be on Max Media (ABC) and North Dakota can show their games on the ND Sports Network. With UND, Southern Utah, Cal Poly and UC-Davis being added this summer that helps the exposure. The only thing is some of the schools dont have Root Sports as their RSN (UND has FSN North as example)

I've been spoiled. Having the satellite coordinates posted on the net for each upcoming game. Simple. And I had the OTA for redundancy. Now I hope to find the feeds if they can be got. and no redundancy unless I wish to subscribe to a service again.
A lot of folks will benefit with this move and it's good for the league. But I want to be selfish and boo-hoo.. LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)