NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

I agree Jimbo. If App St. wins that game, it means they have the better team, pure and simple.

And as far as the comment I keep seeing posted of "LSU has lost many key players from last year, " everyone keep believing that. ;)

Geaux Tigers!!!

"LSU has lost many key players from last year, " everyone keep believing that.

Who's been saying that ?

A few short years ago, the Buckeye lost 9 starters on D and did pretty damn well for themselves.

Jimbo

My wife's already been notified that I'd appreciate that for an upcoming birthday present....

Given that she got you an excuse to stare at Jessica Alba last year ("Into the Blue" on Blu-Ray), I like your odds of you getting that book.

BTW, when is your birthday?

mccoyrj,

word of advice:

Be very careful for LSU's opener against Appalachian State.

Many key Tiger contrubutors to the national title are gone, and many App. State players from last year are coming back, so if I were you, I wouldn't be overconfident for the season opener.
The LSU - App State game will not be close. I would be surprised if it's under 3 touchdowns. Other than the Michigan game, the other reason LSU shouldn't be caught off guard is because they just played App State 3 years ago. LSU won 24-0 and even then, the coaches and players were talking about the talent of App.

2) We will make the BCS before KY does - you can take that to the bank.

I'd have to side with you on that because of the conference. Kentucky's strength of schedule last year was 17th, UConn's was 61st. Also, only two teams from a conference can play in BCS games each year. That would mean Kentucky would have to get in over Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, etc. UConn would have to get in over someone else besides West Virginia.

1) I'm going to whoop you in NCAA09 ASAP - Bring it on!!! :)

2) We will make the BCS before KY does - you can take that to the bank.

Only because the Big Least doesn't have any good teams.:D

Only because the Big Least doesn't have any good teams.:D

Since you don't like the Big East, SamC says hello.

BTW, like my new signature?

It's my twist on those Dos Equis 'Most Interesting Man In The World' commercials, but since I don't ever plan on drinking alcohol, I gave it a twist with my favorite soft drink, and I love that "stay thirsty" line.

Since you don't like the Big East, SamC says hello.

BTW, like my new signature?

It's my twist on those Dos Equis 'Most Interesting Man In The World' commercials, but since I don't ever plan on drinking alcohol, I gave it a twist with my favorite soft drink, and I love that "stay thirsty" line.

You have never had alcohol? How old are you? I am 34 and have never had any.

Is there really that much discussion needed? It will be another season dominated by the SEC. With a UF National Title.

The SEC is overrated, and Florida has a shaky defense.

IMO, Florida is the SEC's Texas Tech, an offensive team that has to win a lot of shootouts with a star QB.