NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

SEC is "Hands down" the best BCS Conference.

Big Least is "hands down" the worst BCS Conference

Most other conferences relative strengths and weaknesses run in cycles.

Big Least is "hands down" the worst BCS Conference

Most other conferences relative strengths and weaknesses run in cycles.

The TOP teams in the SEC are the best, that I will agree.
The second half is no better than any other conferences second half.

Jimbo

IMO, Texas is going to have a down year.

Other than Colt McCoy, they have no major gamebreakers on either side of the ball.

Also, their defense seems suspect.

Colt McCoy is sooooooooo overrated. I live in Austin, and I'm not a Sooner or Aggie fan, either. The 'horns better have some other talent in the lineup to make it.

The Big 12 will stink again this year. Hopefully, some other conference will rise to challenge the SEC's domination. Perhaps the no defense PAC-10 will step up? :rolleyes:

With Michigan in rebuilding, which Big 10 opponent will be Ohio State's toughest test?

Gophers all the way!

150px-GoldyGopher.png

(Yeah, right!) :eek:

All I can say is thank goodness the Big Ten Network is being added to the FiOS lineup! Of course, with so many questions about the Michigan program going into into the season kick-off, it may be a bit painful [for me] to watch at times. It's too bad Michigan couldn't play in the SEC this season since they own that league (13-4-1). Conversely, as well prepared as Ohio State has been during the regular season, I have never figured out why they fall on their faces when facing SEC teams, dismal (3-11-1) record, in the post season. The SEC is so good in the BCS largely because OSU is so bad. To be fair, the same can be said about Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

This will be my first NCAA football season living here in Texas. If it weren't for BTN, I would have a hard time following Big Ten football this season. To be honest, I am very worried about ABC regional coverage since I was able to follow a lot of Big Ten coverage in Northern VA, and I have no interest in watching Texas, Nebraska or Oaklahoma. I regret gettting rid of my StarChoice dish and HD receiver at this point.

With Michigan in rebuilding, which Big 10 opponent will be Ohio State's toughest test?
I think Wisconsin and Penn State will give the Buckeye's their toughest tests. Of course, I will be praying to the football gods that Coach Rodriguez can somehow pull a miracle this season...but I get the feeling Coach Carr will be sorely missed.

mccoyrj,

word of advice:

Be very careful for LSU's opener against Appalachian State.

Many key Tiger contrubutors to the national title are gone, and many App. State players from last year are coming back, so if I were you, I wouldn't be overconfident for the season opener.

You got that right! We (MICHIGAN) took them lightly, well we all know how that turned out, don't we. 3 time consecutive national champs. And to think, we got blasted for adding them to our schedule last season, when we couldn't find anybody else to play us.

Michigan will be giving up the attendance record this season (for only the second time since 1973) to Penn St., due to stadium remodeling that will conclude next season. When the luxury boxes are all done, this should make "The Big House" the largest stadium (seats) again, and hopefully one of the loudest, since noise wont escape as easily as it did pre-construction.

Yeah, I know, unless you're a Wolverine, who cares?

GO BLUE!!!

No, it's the ACC, also known as the Absolutely Crappy Conference.

I don't even remember the last time they WON a BCS game.

The ACC isn't that bad. There were 3 ACC teams ranked in the final Top 25 last year, 2 in the Top 10. Virginia finished just outside of the Top 25. The BE only had 2 ranked teams. As for the BCS results who cares? There was only one BCS game that mattered and LSU won it. The rest were just exhibitions. Big deal.

As for the BCS results who cares? There was only one BCS game that mattered and LSU won it. The rest were just exhibitions. Big deal.

Oh Contrare,
Every one of those teams cared about the win in thier BSC game.
Why you say ???

Because the BSC money is enourmous compared to the rest of the games.

Jimbo

The payout is the same win or lose. Aside from the championship game there is nothing more at stake than in 7 on 7 drills in the spring.

The payout is the same win or lose. Aside from the championship game there is nothing more at stake than in 7 on 7 drills in the spring.

You missed my point.
My point was that BEING IN the BCS game is what makes the money, being a team good enough to make the BCS gaurentees a much larger payout than any other bowl games.

I do not think that all BCS bowl game pay out the same either.

You have essentially taken the College football season and broke it down to two teams playing 7 on 7 in spring practice, How BORING ...

Jimbo

FWIW, conference records in BCS games.

Conference
Percentage (Record)
Mountain West 1.000 (1-0)
Southeastern .733 (11-4)
Pacific-10 .667 (8-4)
Big East .600 (6-4)
WAC .500 (1-1)
Big Ten .471 (8-9)
Big 12 .429 (6-8)
Atlantic Coast .100 (1-9)
Independents .000 (0-3)

You missed my point. The BCS games pay the same amount win or lose. There is no bonus for winning. Therefore, aside from the championship, there is nothing at stake. Sure, getting to a BCS game is nice, mainly because it means you likely won your conference, but the games themselves are as pointless as the Rose Bowl parade. So the BCS is like a 7 on 7 drill. Don't blame me blame the geniuses who created it.

You missed my point. The BCS games pay the same amount win or lose. There is no bonus for winning. Therefore, aside from the championship, there is nothing at stake. Sure, getting to a BCS game is nice, mainly because it means you likely won your conference, but the games themselves are as pointless as the Rose Bowl parade. So the BCS is like a 7 on 7 drill. Don't blame me blame the geniuses who created it.

Oh, I'm not blaming you at all. :D

jimbo

The ACC isn't that bad. There were 3 ACC teams ranked in the final Top 25 last year, 2 in the Top 10. Virginia finished just outside of the Top 25. The BE only had 2 ranked teams. As for the BCS results who cares? There was only one BCS game that mattered and LSU won it. The rest were just exhibitions. Big deal.

Nice try. 12 ACC teams get 3 spots, 8 BE teams get 2. Pretty even to me.

The bowl record speaks for itself.

Also - the "old" BE teams seem to be doing quite well in the "mighty ACC." Even the traitorous Backstabber College Eagles, who won exactly bubkis in the BE, have been to the ACCCG.

Nice attendance at the ACCCG, too :) Don't make me post the picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts