NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Ohio St still would have been a recruiting force. They are the Big Ten champs after all and they didn't even need to rely on a stupid computer to win that title.

Yes, but winning the Conference does not give them the boost they get when playing in the NC game, recruiting wise.

Jimbo

What will be this season's biggest storyline?

In 2005, it was the year of two super colossal powers in Texas and USC.

2006- Florida and Ohio State played 'The Tortoise and the Hare.'

2007- The year of the upset.

What will the 2008 season's biggest storyline turn out to be?

Where did you come up with these TITLES .... This is the first I had ever heard that these previous years were titles as such.

Rookie phenom QB, Terrell Pryor comes into his own late this season to help the Buckeyes offense fire on all cylinders along with Beanie and Maurice Wells, Brian Hartline and Brian Robiskie. The Buckeyes earn the right to play in the National Championship for the 3rd year in a row. This year, 3rd times a charm! tOSU Buckeyes bring the national championship back to Columbus, where it belongs!

Go Bucks!

Pryor has to crack the lineup first. I think he's going to be waiting in line behind Boeckman for most of the year, except for some early season games where he plays in the 2nd half

HD MM did not say that Prior would be starting...
I think it will be alot like when Urban Meyer started using Tebow. Prior will come in, in certian situations and work on learning the offense.
I think Coach Tressel is too conservative to bring him in on a regular basis early, although I expect to see him in the first half of the season to get his feet wet and expect to see him play against USC as well.

Coach said the other day that he can't wait to see him on the field, (in practice).
He will work his way into the game when possible, I hope he doesn't try to do it all himself because with this team, he doesn't have to.

As for being the Starting QB for the Bucks, I would be very surprised if that happens this year at all, unless Beokman gets injured.

Jimbo

Pryor has to crack the lineup first. I think he's going to be waiting in line behind Boeckman for most of the year, except for some early season games where he plays in the 2nd half

That's why I said "he will come into his own, late this season". And I never said anything about starting.

Rookie phenom QB, Terrell Pryor comes into his own late this season to help the Buckeyes offense fire on all cylinders along with Beanie and Maurice Wells, Brian Hartline and Brian Robiskie. The Buckeyes earn the right to play in the National Championship for the 3rd year in a row. This year, 3rd times a charm! tOSU Buckeyes bring the national championship back to Columbus, where it belongs!

Go Bucks!

More like Lose again to the SEC (Most likely FLA)

Don't know who will be in the BCS Title game but we can eliminate a few pretenders.

Any team from the Big Least or Texas Tech from the Big 12.

Texas Tech from the Big 12.

David,

I haven't see you since DBSForums. I guess it took you a while to eat all that humble pie from the Fiesta Bowl.

I honestly think the Red Raiders can make a BCS game.

Texas is incredibly overrated, and Missouri's in the other division.

It's down to them and Oklahoma, and I believe the Sooners lost too many quality players. After what WVU did, I do not trust that defense.

Besides, we all know Oklahoma- beat up on creampuffs by a billion points, media worships them, lose to big underdog, go on a hot streak, lose a late game, still make conference title game, make BCS, lose to underdog.

This year, SCRIPT CHANGE!!

Oklahoma will not even make the conference title game.

It will be Missouri vs. Texas Tech for the Big 12 title.

What will be this season's biggest storyline?

In 2005, it was the year of two super colossal powers in Texas and USC.

2006- Florida and Ohio State played 'The Tortoise and the Hare.'

2007- The year of the upset.

What will the 2008 season's biggest storyline turn out to be?

Where did you come up with these TITLES .... This is the first I had ever heard that these previous years were titles as such.

I think he made them up

Classic.:p

Oklahoma will beat TT by 40 points this year. The Sooners are always good. Forget about the debacle in the bowl game. It didn't even count. TT only beat OU last year because the Sooners QB got hurt. This year it's in Norman and you know OU will be looking for revenge. You also know that Stoops is not afraid to run up the score on opponents to send a message. That game will get ugly and fast.

Don't know what you are referring to on "Humble Pie" from the Fiesta Bowl.

Much bigger NFL fan than NCAA.

All I've ever said is that of the BCS conferences that the SEC is the best and most talented conference. The Big Least is the worst,easily.

Thoses things tend to run in cycles and from time to time, I freely admit that the PAC 10 or some other Conference not named the Big Least can give the SEC a run for the money for the Best Conference. Plenty of other Conferences have talent and play top notch football.

None of those teams though reside in Lubbock Texas or any of the Big Least locales.

Just take a look at the NFL numbers and where players hail from, (Conference wise). Big Least is on par with the MAC and other weaker second tier conferences.

The Big Least is the equivalent(talent wise) of the Mountain Conference with major media markets. Nothing more than that at all.

No talent, half empty stadiums, Players and Coaches wishing they were elsewhere, Good times indeed.

Florida?

With that defense?

:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha

You have a better chance of seeing Texas Tech in a BCS game than 'Floria.'

(NO D- Get it?)
I think you are way underestimating Florida's defense. Sure, they gave up 25 points a game last year. That's easy to do when your offense is scoring 42. Florida's offense isn't built for ball control. Therefore, the defense is going to be on the field more and give up more points. They are also returning the top linebacking corps in the SEC from last year including Brandon Spikes.

Here are the numbers from the NFL rosters at the conclusion of the 2007 regular season.

BCS Conferences only:

1.SEC-313
2.ACC-281
3.Big 10-280
4.PAC 10-220
5.Big 12-207
Scroll down

keep scrolling

further down

keep scrolling

6.Big East-107.

Don't know what you are referring to on "Humble Pie" from the Fiesta Bowl.

On DBSForums,

you and Sam were talking about how Oklahoma was going to obliterate West Virginia in the Fiesta Bowl, and that turned out to be a bad prediction.

I felt you guys were incredibly overconfident.

Typically, overconfidence can lead to 'humble pie' when talking big leads to nothing.

Stoops is not afraid to run up the score on opponents to send a message. That game will get ugly and fast.

Speaking of which, Stoops is the 21st century versions of Fielding H. Yost.

He was a coach whose Michigan teams in the early 20th century ran up the score in a way that would make Steve Spurrier or Tom Osbourne blush.

From 1901-1905, his Michigan teams outscored their opponents 2,821 to 42 (An average of about 564.2 points a year).

Oklahoma will beat TT by 40 points this year. The Sooners are always good. Forget about the debacle in the bowl game. It didn't even count. TT only beat OU last year because the Sooners QB got hurt. This year it's in Norman and you know OU will be looking for revenge. You also know that Stoops is not afraid to run up the score on opponents to send a message. That game will get ugly and fast.
Sooners will roll again this year, if they can play up to their potential on the road. The trap games are A&M and OSU.

The 2008 Big-12 Conference Title game will be in Kansas City, so if Missouri wins the North, they'll have home field advantage. But they can't be feeling good about their chances after losing to the Sooners twice last year. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)