NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

It's not always about sportsmanship.

It's about sending a message.

I have seen teams blow big leads in the fourth quarter. OU is trying to say, "Don't allow the other team to get back in the game."

I think the message is to the voters :)

Forget Dallas, Remember KC :)

If you listened closely to Brent last night, he kept on reminding viewers on how you can leave out of the NC an offense as dominant as OU.

A close B12 title game, maybe Texas can jump back in. A blowout, scoring over 60 for the 5th straight game.....no chance!!

Whether its right or wrong....it just is :)

Dodd of CBS Sports seems to be calling the BCS bowls like this:

BCS title game -- Oklahoma vs. Florida
Sugar Bowl -- Alabama vs. Utah
Fiesta Bowl -- Texas vs. Ohio State
Rose Bowl -- USC vs. Penn State
Orange Bowl -- Cincinnati vs. VT (actually Dodd got this one wrong - saying it was Georgia Tech against the Bearcats)

http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/12131120

Congratulations to all the fans of these teams! :up Your teams came through for you (unlike some of ours - ha!). A BCS bowl is quite an accomplishment the way the system works these days.

Personally, I'm looking forward to watching the two Big12 games - their chance to show how they match up against the best of the SEC and Big11 . Should be fun! :)

You mean watch them be destroyed again, so we can listen to the bucknut fans complain about running up the score and complain when a gator fan says congrats to bama?:rolleyes:
nono.gif
Be nice now. :D

Congrats on the big win for your Gators. I'll be pulling for them in the MNC. Should be a good one.

OU just hit 60.

First team to do it ever in 5 straight games.

Florida, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!

Remember, the Gators have not been tested against a REAL offense.

All their opponents have had offenses that are average or barely above-average.

OU just hit 60.
YIPPY

So scoring 60 points in a football game must be the new standard, eh.
That only means that your Defense SUCKS enough that you get the ball right back enough to SCORE 60 points.

Like I said before, a real coach would never allow his first string to be in the game a d scoring with a 30 point lead going in to the 4th quarter.

Many teams would be chastized for RUNNING UP THE SCORE, but not these guys ...

Didn't Tressel leave Troy Smith in a few games in 2006 when tOSU was pummeling the Big 10?

They scored 54 points once and 44 twice and I highly doubt that Smith was in any of these games late in the game, I can find scores, but not when someone left the game.
In one of the 44 point games, Smith played till the end of the 3rd Q.
The other 44 point game Smith didn't play past the middle of the 3rd.
When they scored 54 , Smiths last score was in the 3rd.
They scored 42 against Michigan and Smith played the whole game, but it was a close game 42-39

So to answer your question, probably not.

Jimbo

Why does the Sugar Bowl have to take Utah this year, when they had to take a lesser team last year in Hawaii? Shouldn't this balance out over the years? :confused:

I am not sure. I really wish they wouldnt, but I guess we will see tonight

It's not always about sportsmanship.

It's about sending a message.

I have seen teams blow big leads in the fourth quarter. OU is trying to say, "Don't allow the other team to get back in the game."

That is their Defenses job, appearently they don't have enough confidence in thier D to leave the 1st string O out there.

Dodd of CBS Sports seems to be calling the BCS bowls like this:

BCS title game -- Oklahoma vs. Florida
Sugar Bowl -- Alabama vs. Utah
Fiesta Bowl -- Texas vs. Ohio State
Rose Bowl -- USC vs. Penn State
Orange Bowl -- Cincinnati vs. VT (actually Dodd got this one wrong - saying it was Georgia Tech against the Bearcats)

2009 BCS bowls - CBSSports.com

Congratulations to all the fans of these teams! :up Your teams came through for you (unlike some of ours - ha!). A BCS bowl is quite an accomplishment the way the system works these days.

Personally, I'm looking forward to watching the two Big12 games - their chance to show how they match up against the best of the SEC and Big11 . Should be fun! :)

Actually, Penn State would be the Best of the Big 10-11 this year.

Jimbo

Florida, to my knowledge, has not gone up against any teams that can be considered to have a good offense- Citadel, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Florida State, Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, etc.

Florida has not been challenged offensively or faced a team with a decent attack- let's see how they fare against a REAL offense, not those SEC popguns!

(BTW, Oklahoma looked mighty impressive against TCU and Cincinnati- and those are FAR better defenses than the Gators)

Florida, to my knowledge, has not gone up against any teams that can be considered to have a good offense- Citadel, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Florida State, Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, etc.

Florida has not been challenged offensively or faced a team with a decent attack- let's see how they fare against a REAL offense, not those SEC popguns!

(BTW, Oklahoma looked mighty impressive against TCU and Cincinnati- and those are FAR better defenses than the Gators)

Your kidding .... right ?
Florida's D is much better than most in the nation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)