NCAA Football 2009-10 PreSeason

Why do they rank team when they have yet to play a single game....much less a decent team?

Amen! By the start of November you're going to have four or five teams who are seemingly about the same talent-wise and all undefeated. Their rankings relative to one another are going to be determined by where they were when the first poll came out in the summer. It happens every year.

Well can I make a bold prediction of who I think will start the season and end the season in the same position? Can you guys guess?

Although im worried about Ole Miss, They know what its like to beat us, and beat us bad. (relativly) But I think at the same time we know what its like to lose to them and do not wish to repeat. Should be fun. Defintely one of the biggest games for us this year.

Also OSU is ranked to high. Once USC beats them we will see them drop from the top 10.

Why do they rank team when they have yet to play a single game....much less a decent team?:confused::rolleyes:

Rankings are USELESS until you have played some decent teams and at least halfway into the season. I have seen in the years, teams ranked in the top 10 to start the season and be completely out of the rankings by mid season.

Amen! By the start of November you're going to have four or five teams who are seemingly about the same talent-wise and all undefeated. Their rankings relative to one another are going to be determined by where they were when the first poll came out in the summer. It happens every year.

:up:up Preseason polls only screw up the rankings later on.

Well, The U will have quite a schedule to start the season....

AT Florida State, home to Georgia Tech, AT Virginia Tech and at home to Oklahoma....:eek:

...they can easily be oh-en-4! BUT to me, because I think that is the toughest start of anyone's schedule...IF they were to win ALL 4 of those games..they should be ranked in the top 5 easily.

That is indeed brutal.

But...

The point about griping about preseason polls is that Miami would likely only be able to get into the top 15 with 4 wins there, and not into the top 5, because they would displace teams that did nothing but win.

It's hogwash.

That is indeed brutal.

But...

The point about griping about preseason polls is that Miami would likely only be able to get into the top 15 with 4 wins there, and not into the top 5, because they would displace teams that did nothing but win.

It's hogwash.

3 words....

strengh of schedule.

If Ohio State, for example...has only 2 legit tough games in their 1st 4...AND ALL are in the state of Ohio....how can you consider them after 4 games better than The U if they have played a tougher schedule AND two games at VERY tough places to win....IN Tallahassee and IN Blacksburg?

Well, The U will have quite a schedule to start the season....

AT Florida State, home to Georgia Tech, AT Virginia Tech and at home to Oklahoma....:eek:

...they can easily be oh-en-4! BUT to me, because I think that is the toughest start of anyone's schedule...IF they were to win ALL 4 of those games..they should be ranked in the top 5 easily.
Miami will be lucky to be bowl eligible after this year after that start. OTOH Penn St's non conference slate includes Akron, E. Illinois, Syracuse and Temple. Are you kidding me? Joe Pa should be ashamed of himself.

Miami will be lucky to be bowl eligible after this year after that start. OTOH Penn St's non conference slate includes Akron, E. Illinois, Syracuse and Temple. Are you kidding me? Joe Pa should be ashamed of himself.

ABSOLUTELY! I will not disagree there. I will take it one step further and state if ANYONE had to start with this schedule....they would be hard press to even be bowl eligable. That is why I am saying that IF The U were to come out of that undefeated, there is no reason other Hating that Miami should not be in the top 5...if not top 10.

Last edited:
I'd like to see UNC's non-conference schedule.
It's not great. We've got 2 1-AA opponents, which is quite lame, but we also play at UConn and host East Carolina. That's still better than Penn St, who will undoubtedly be ranked in the top 5 all year thanks to all the cupcakes.

It's not great. We've got 2 1-AA opponents, which is quite lame, but we also play at UConn and host East Carolina. That's still better than Penn St, who will undoubtedly be ranked in the top 5 all year thanks to all the cupcakes.

I agree....UConn and East Carolina are good programs and never pushovers...even when they were not very good.

I've heard rumors that LSU and UNC are in negotiations to play each other in the kickoff classic next year. You hear anything on that Anders?
I heard the same thing. I was waiting to get an official word. That would be a great matchup.

I heard the same thing. I was waiting to get an official word. That would be a great matchup.
Yeah, that would be a nice OOC game for both team's seasons. College football live is where I heard about it. I meant to say the college football kickoff game (not kickoff classic) on ESPN. Chik-fil-A is the sponser and it would be played in Atlanta. Bama and Virginia Tech are playing in it this year.

Yeah, that would be a nice OOC game for both team's seasons. College football live is where I heard about it. I meant to say the college football kickoff game (not kickoff classic) on ESPN. Chik-fil-A is the sponser and it would be played in Atlanta. Bama and Virginia Tech are playing in it this year.
I think it will happen but we need to rearrange our schedule. We're supposed to play South Carolina next year but we may drop them. I hope we do because they have the most delusional fanbase in the country and it would piss them off to no end if we upgraded to a real SEC opponent.

I think it will happen but we need to rearrange our schedule. We're supposed to play South Carolina next year but we may drop them. I hope we do because they have the most delusional fanbase in the country and it would piss them off to no end if we upgraded to a real SEC opponent.
laughing.gif
Be careful with those angry cock fans.

Football Pick'em Pool

NFL Broadcast Policies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)