NCAA Football 2009-10 PreSeason

There's bad teams in every conference. Remember Washington and Washington St went a combined 2-22 last year.

Agreed, every Conference has mediocre or worse teams in their midst.

I'm talking more specificially about the supposed top half of teams
in their conferences.

JMO but what I see is a Cincy team that won the Big East in 2008 but though it can't be proven I don't think they could put up a .500 Conference record in any other BCS Conference.

Last edited:
Agreed, every Conference has mediocre or worse teams in thir midst.

in their conferences.

JMO but what I see is a Cincy team that won the Big East in 2008 but though it can't be proven I don't think they could put up a .500 Conference record in any other BCS Conference.
I think the BE's biggest problem is not whether they can produce good teams, they can, but whether they can hang on to good coaches. Bobby Petrino and Rich Rodriguez left the BE like a bat out of hell, and I seriously doubt that teams like Rutgers, UConn, or Cincinnati will be able to keep their coaches for long. In other conferences if you do well you usually get a fat contract extension. It's tough for BE teams if they have to start over every 5 years.

I think the BE's biggest problem is not whether they can produce good teams, they can, but whether they can hang on to good coaches. Bobby Petrino and Rich Rodriguez left the BE like a bat out of hell, and I seriously doubt that teams like Rutgers, UConn, or Cincinnati will be able to keep their coaches for long. In other conferences if you do well you usually get a fat contract extension. It's tough for BE teams if they have to start over every 5 years.

Solid observation. Lot of truth to it IMO.

Agreed, every Conference has mediocre or worse teams in thir midst.

in their conferences.

I think Cincy could be a good ACC team.

They had their shot in the Orange Bowl. Didn't work out.

Right, because one game is a great indicator. :) Also would help if any of the original AntiChristConference teams could actually beat the old BE teams, including the one that beat Cincy. :)

Right, because one game is a great indicator. :) Also would help if any of the original AntiChristConference teams could actually beat the old BE teams, including the one that beat Cincy. :)
Ga Tech has had no problems beating Miami or Boston College. :D

Most people don't these days.
Interesting thought...

Miami dominated in the Big East
Miami is run of the mill in the ACC

perhaps it wasn't Miami, but instead it's Conference opponents.

As it is, neither conference is considered a football powerhouse.
But I love how the Big East plays the martyr so much do to 3 of their teams leaving voluntarily for greener pastures when they in turn raided 5 teams from Conference USA.

To turn your thought around:

FSU was successful prior to the BE teams moving in.
FSU has struggled since they came.

Isn't transitive crap fun?

I for one don't miss the days when FSU had the ACC in a choke hold. Now at least most teams have a shot at winning the conference.

Interesting thought...

Miami dominated in the Big East
Miami is run of the mill in the ACC

perhaps it wasn't Miami, but instead it's Conference opponents.

As it is, neither conference is considered a football powerhouse.
But I love how the Big East plays the martyr so much do to 3 of their teams leaving voluntarily for greener pastures when they in turn raided 5 teams from Conference USA.

hancox said:

urban_meyer.jpg

4 weeks from tonight the season kickoff with 2 ESPN games South Carolina @ NC ST followed by Oregon @ Boise St
I'm ready for football!!!!!!!!!!
heck I'd watch Baylor and Iowa St or some otherwise crappy game

Something to be said about 3 in a row.
Or even 5 out of the 11 BCS championships won (Big 12 2nd place with only 2) with an undefeated Auburn in the mix that should have made it 6 of 11.
I'll give you your five, but Auburn would never have beaten USC.

And don't forget the SEC has home court advantage in New Orleans.

Football Pick'em Pool

NFL Broadcast Policies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)