NCAA Football 2009-10 PreSeason

OSU ranked to high yet again. Theyll finish out of the top ten.

Glad to see the SEC repping with 4 of the top ten.

I also hate polls prior to season starting. Specially for college sports, I mean teams change so much year to year. However this year I do think the polls are pretty darn close. Specially the top three.

Doesn't really matter how high or low you are ranked in the beginning as long as your in the top 15 or so, OSU may be a little high, but you have to look and see what others you would place ahead of them that are not already.

As long as your ranked up in that area, if you turn out to be real good you can move up the polls and if you are not that good you can easily drop out of the top 20.

OSU was what 10 ?
I would say thats about right.

You really can't tell how good teams are until about week 5 anyways.
That's the ONE thing that the BCS does right.

OSU ranked to high yet again. Theyll finish out of the top ten.

Glad to see the SEC repping with 4 of the top ten.

I also hate polls prior to season starting. Specially for college sports, I mean teams change so much year to year. However this year I do think the polls are pretty darn close. Specially the top three.
I love them. Gives people something to discuss:)

Will this be the year someone in the Pac-10 takes down USC?

I say YES!

USC, IMHO, will lose FOUR games- at Ohio State, at Cal, at Oregon, and at Notre Dame.

They have unproven quarterbacks, their hyped offensive playmakers are overrated, and they lost too many defensive players.

I think this is the year someone out West takes down the bully ala the Titans taking down the Colts in the AFC South last year.

I say YES!

USC, IMHO, will lose FOUR games- at Ohio State, at Cal, at Oregon, and at Notre Dame.

They have unproven quarterbacks, their hyped offensive playmakers are overrated, and they lost too many defensive players.

I think this is the year someone out West takes down the bully ala the Titans taking down the Colts in the AFC South last year.

I doubt it. USC has been ranked in the top 10 and in some cases, top 5 recruiting classes in the US...and yanking almost every major recruit west of Denver in the last 3 years. That team is not gonna be down, it just reloaded. They will definately be inexperienced at the beginning of the season, but by midseason, they will be a VERY scary team again.

I say YES!

Not happening. USC won't go undefeated, but they are loaded with future NFL players. Nobody can replace lost players better than USC. They will win 10 games and win another Pac 10 title.

Nobody can replace lost players better than USC. They will win 10 games and win another Pac 10 title.

Absolutely. I am too lazy to look up the exact numbers, but the number of first round draft picks that they produce every season is crazy. They are the epitome of a progam that "doesn't rebuilt, they reload." They have had a tendency to take a game (or two) off in recent seasons, but their talent level is just ridiculous.

I looked it up myself, and there aren't as many as I thought, but still a lot. I've gone back to 2005, the first year that Carroll's recruits were drafted.

2009 - 3
2008 - 4
2007 - 0
2006 - 2
2005 - 2

Last edited:
What's scary is if USC loses to Ohio St and people start doubting them. You do not want to face these guys if they have a chip on their shoulder.

I doubt it. USC has been ranked in the top 10 and in some cases, top 5 recruiting classes in the US...and yanking almost every major recruit west of Denver in the last 3 years. That team is not gonna be down, it just reloaded. They will definately be inexperienced at the beginning of the season, but by midseason, they will be a VERY scary team again.

I agree ...

Absolutely. I am too lazy to look up the exact numbers, but the number of first round draft picks that they produce every season is crazy. They are the epitome of a progam that "doesn't rebuilt, they reload." They have had a tendency to take a game (or two) off in recent seasons, but their talent level is just ridiculous.

The remind me of those Miami Hurricanes of the 80s and 90s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)