NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

I think it will be LSU.
Their schedule this year doesn't bode well for the Tigers' chances of topping the SEC west. They're the only team that has to face Florida during the season out of the three teams likely to win the west (Alabama and Ole Miss are the others). A potential loss against the Gators at home, and to one or both of the other two west contenders on the road will more than likely keep LSU out of the SECCG. The Tigers also have to play Georgia in Athens.

LSU will have to be vastly improved over last year to get to the SECCG. If they pull that off, then the MNC will be in reach. I don't see that happening - this year. ;)

Just throwing it out there:

Penn State will win Big Ten this year, nothing more then a hunch.

And Notre Dame will NOT finish 11-1 like Lou Holtz says. Hell, they might even lose to Nevada, or Navy.

And Notre Dame will NOT finish 11-1 like Lou Holtz says. Hell, they might even lose to Nevada, or Navy.
Notre Dame's schedule this year is pathetic. They should drop to 1-AA for it. They play:

Michigan 3-9
Purdue 4-8
Washington 0-12
Washington St 2-10
Stanford 5-7

That's 5 games against teams with a total of 14 wins from last year, and 2 of these teams aren't even Notre Dame's traditional rivals. I hope people see through it when they are winning. I'd take a 4 loss team from any BCS conference, including the Big East, over Notre Dame this year for a BCS bowl.

Last edited:
Notre Dame's schedule this year is pathetic. They should drop to 1-AA for it. They play:

Michigan 3-9
Purdue 4-8
Washington 0-12
Washington St 2-10
Stanford 5-7

That's 5 games against teams with a total of 14 wins from last year, and 2 of these teams aren't even Notre Dame's traditional rivals.

Is it Notre Dame's fault those teams stunk last year?

I hope people see through it when they are winning.

Honestly, I don't think many fans outside of ND want to see the Irish win.

I'd take a 4 loss team from any BCS conference, including the Big East, over Notre Dame this year for a BCS bowl.

Would you take a five-loss team?

Is it Notre Dame's fault those teams stunk last year?
Since Notre Dame is not in a conference they can play whoever they want. Generally their schedule is sort of like a conference since they have several teams that they play regularly (Michigan, Michigan St, Purdue, USC, Stanford, Navy). The rest of their schedule is up to them. In the past Notre Dame would try to challenge themselves by playing teams like Penn St, Georgia Tech, Tennessee, Nebraska, Ohio St, etc. It was like they liked the take all comers approach. This new schedule is pathetic. Washington and Washington St were 2 of the worst teams in all of Div 1-A last year. Washington was winless and Washington St's 2 wins were over a 1-AA team and WASHINGTON! :mad: Normally I couldn't care less what Notre Dame does, but this is intentionally designed to get a BCS bid, which because they are all mighty Notre Dame and have the Pope's blessing, they can get on their own.

No way Notre Dame should be allowed to get away with this. Either they man up and join a conference or lose their special BCS status. Remember conferences are limited to 2 BCS teams no matter how good the teams may be. This turned out to be rather inconvienent for Texas Tech last year, and a couple of years ago an 11-1 Wisconsin team was relegated to the Outback Bowl for the crime of finishing 3rd in the Big Ten. I'm sick of the double standard that Notre Dame has. :rant:

**cough** or UConn :)

Let's Get it ON!!!!!

Thursday, September 3rd. The Start of the College Football Season is finally here!

The game of the night is the 10:15PM ET matchup of No. 16 Oregon @ No. 14 Boise State. If Boise State can get by the Ducks, they may very well go undefeated this year. Take a look at their schedule. They don't play another ranked opponent the rest of the year!.... [ame="http://espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=68"]Boise State Football - Broncos News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - College Football - ESPN[/ame]

It should also be noted that my Golden Flashes (Kent State) kickoff tonight at 7:30pm against Coastal Carolina, although the game isn't televised. Go KSU!

Of course, all of this is the appetizer for the main event: Navy. @ tOSU, Saturday at Noon. The game will be on ESPN. This is the first time the schools played each other since the 1930's. Coach Jim Tressel said last night during an interview, he expected a record crowd at the 'Shoe, possibly surpassing the 105,708 crowd in the 2006 Michigan game! One thing's for sure: the Bucknuts are ready for some football!!!

One thing's for sure, I'm going to need a LONG HOT shower tonight. Why?

Because I'll be rooting for an SEC team. :)

GO USuC! Beat the Anti Christ Conference!!! :)

One thing's for sure, I'm going to need a LONG HOT shower tonight. Why?

Because I'll be rooting for an SEC team. :)

GO USuC! Beat the Anti Christ Conference!!! :)

I want NC State to win. Can't stand "the old ball coach".

Same here, I hate seeing the "Evil Genius" win.

I am a Gamecock fan, but I am not a Spurrier fan. He had his day, but it is over now. We need a young coach who can get his team ready to play. All Spurrier does is belittle his team. Our arch-rival Clemson has done a smart thing. Dabo Swinney seems like he has that fire and can put that fire in his team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)