NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

Anyone see what happened at the end of the Oregon/Boise State game?

Not exactly the best way to start off the college season.

Not a good way to start off "Sportsmanship Week".

For those who haven't heard, coaches decided to declare the first week of football "sportsmanship week". Every player is to meet at midfield and shake hands, before the start of the game. Well, it didn't end so well...

During handshakes, LeGarrette Blount made a trash talk remark (something to the tune of "we're going kick your a**, you suck Boise St."). Afterwards, the Boise State player reversed that pregame remark by Blount and shouted it in his direction. Blount then threw the punch in retaliation.

The sucky part for Oregon is that Blount is their leading running back! Huge blow to the team for such a stupid error in judgement by the knockout artist. Here's the vid.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQC4BKi6qwk"]Oregons LeGarrette Blount punches Boise player in the face after loss[/ame]

Anyone see what happened at the end of the Oregon/Boise State game?

Not exactly the best way to start off the college season.

I feel asleep by halftime, but I'm reading about it now.....he should be kicked off the team.

Not a good way to start off "Sportsmanship Week".

For those who haven't heard, coaches decided to declare the first week of football "sportsmanship week". Every player is to meet at midfield and shake hands, before the start of the game. Well, it didn't end so well...

During handshakes, LeGarrette Blount made a trash talk remark (something to the tune of "we're going kick your a**, you suck Boise St."). Afterwards, the Boise State player reversed that pregame remark by Blount and shouted it in his direction. Blount then threw the punch in retaliation.

The sucky part for Oregon is that Blount is their leading running back! Huge blow to the team for such a stupid error in judgement by the knockout artist. Here's the vid.....

Oregons LeGarrette Blount punches Boise player in the face after loss

Good post HD. Blount doesn't belong on the field with the rest of these kids. From what I saw last night he's all mouth and no talent. If he's the starting runningback, Oregon sucks.

Good post HD. Blount doesn't belong on the field with the rest of these kids. From what I saw last night he's all mouth and no talent. If he's the starting runningback, Oregon sucks.

I am not defending the sucker punch, but as far as Blount having no talent, he rushed for 17 touchdowns last season. We can all say that he should be kicked off the team, but do you seriously think that any major college program would dismiss a star player for a sucker punch?

I am not defending the sucker punch, but as far as Blount having no talent, he rushed for 17 touchdowns last season. We can all say that he should be kicked off the team, but do you seriously think that any major college program would dismiss a star player for a sucker punch?
His actions afterward will hurt him more than the punch itself. ESPN stated that he's had problems off the field recently as well. I don't see a dismissal, more likely a prolonged suspension.

He may have scored 17 touchdowns last year, but Boise either has a fantastic defense or he's lost a step. He surely didn't look like a star last night.

Watching the replay in real time looks alot different than watching it in slow motion. The first 50 times I saw the replay it was in slo-mo. It looked like he just punched out of no where. But then in real time, you can see the Boise player brushing and taunting him and the punch was his reaction. I'm not justifying it or saying that it wasn't a sucker punch, but in real time it looked like a split second decision where he lost his cool, not this well thought out punch. Should he be suspended? Yes. Was it a sucker punch? Yes. Did the Boise player get what was coming to him....... Next time don't taunt the opposing team with your helmet off. That was like football fighting 101 back in high school. Never take your helmet off.

Watching the replay in real time looks alot different than watching it in slow motion. The first 50 times I saw the replay it was in slo-mo. It looked like he just punched out of no where. But then in real time, you can see the Boise player brushing and taunting him and the punch was his reaction. I'm not justifying it or saying that it wasn't a sucker punch, but in real time it looked like a split second decision where he lost his cool, not this well thought out punch. Should he be suspended? Yes. Was it a sucker punch? Yes. Did the Boise player get what was coming to him....... Next time don't taunt the opposing team with your helmet off. That was like football fighting 101 back in high school. Never take your helmet off.

I can agree with this. Plenty of blame to go around on this one. That Boise State guy isn't as innocent as he was made out to be.

Oh man one more day before showtime... Of course its hard to get excited to be playing Charelston Southern...... However it will be great to see the ole team in action. Also GA vs OKS will be great. I really hope the dawgs pull it off. It will be very tough fight. Go SEC@@!@

Oh to add, watching the Tide roll VT will be fun.

Oh man one more day before showtime... Of course its hard to get excited to be playing Charelston Southern...... However it will be great to see the ole team in action. Also GA vs OKS will be great. I really hope the dawgs pull it off. It will be very tough fight. Go SEC@@!@

A Florida fan rooting for Georgia? I've seen it all now.

Who thought of this "shaking of the hands" before the game anyways? I know the intentions were all well and good, but football is a whole different sport than the rest. Have you ever see the pregame huddles where players are screaming their brains out, beating their chests and jumping around in adrenaline fueled bedlam?! These guys are trained to run full speed and tackle a guy with every bit of force in their will. Yes you should respect your opponent, but a lot of these guys will just trash talk during the pregame handshake. Most won't get anything out of it. It only serves as a way to fuel tempers even more.

BTW, can you imagine Florida State shaking hands with Miami U. during a pregame? Half of these game will never even get to kickoff before a fight ensues!

Try to wrap your head around the fact that Charleston Southern is located farther north than North Charleston.
I remember in college, at Presbyterian, playing Charleston Southern every year. This was when Presbyterian was a DII school and Charleston Southern was 1-AA and Presbyterian kicked their ass every time. Those boys are in for a rude awakening tomorrow. No wonder the point spread is Florida -73. :D

Interesting article.

Celizic: College football needs Notre Dame to succeed - Notre Dame Central- nbcsports.msnbc.com

I know there are hordes of Notre Dame haters who would be delighted if the school never wins another game. They are like Yankee haters and Dallas Cowboy haters and Duke basketball haters who are only happy when their mortal enemy is totally miserable.
I’ve never understood people like that. Sure, it’s fun to see the team you despise do a total face plant now and then, but if it happens every year, you’re not a fan, you’re a sadist. Nobody except a really demented sports fan wants to see lopsided victories every year. It’s like frying ants with a magnifying glass.

What part of that exercise would an adult find entertaining?

I'm sure 90% of the country does.

On this site, you can count anders among the ant fryers.

Interesting article.

Celizic: College football needs Notre Dame to succeed - Notre Dame Central- nbcsports.msnbc.com

I'm sure 90% of the country does.

On this site, you can count anders among the ant fryers.
At least with dook. I never had a problem with Notre Dame until they rolled out this creampuff schedule this year, so now I do hope that they fail miserably. I used to like the Yankees as a kid, but now I'm indifferent. And I used to hate the Cowboys with a passion, but know I don't care either way.

I remember in college, at Presbyterian, playing Charleston Southern every year. This was when Presbyterian was a DII school and Charleston Southern was 1-AA and Presbyterian kicked their ass every time. Those boys are in for a rude awakening tomorrow. No wonder the point spread is Florida -73. :D

Yea it should be an exciteing game.. :rant:

However It will be great to see the orange and blue take the field and show the nation they didnt lose a step over the summer. Sure its a cup cake team but its a good way to showcase some talent that may not get to play during the FLA, LSU or FLA GA matches. A good way for FLA to test some possible formations for those big games to see how they will work.

I've mentioned by disapointment in the other thread with FLAs schedule this year. Its as if they didnt even try to get a good OOC game. Now FSU will be a tough team this year, but still not on par. FLA has to go undefeated this year to get a shot at the national title. With 1 loss I do not think their schedule can get them through, unless of course LSU and GA and Ole Miss and some other SEC teams turn out to be just Really good this year, but its not looking that way.

And ya I feel bad and happy at the same time for the Boys of Charelston. While they do not have a prayers chance at winning, they will get some exposure they otherwise wouldnt. Sucks for them though that GA is playing OK and Alabama is playing VT so they will not get any big TV exposure.

But hey look at it this way Charelston if you guys win you get a HUGE bump. If you lose well, it was just expected. So they really have nothing to lose but everything togain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts