NCAA Football 2011-2012

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
Wont matter exactly about them being ahead so much. Houston is out of it, finished, done.
Michigan can very much still be in it if a few things happen.

With Houston losing Michigan is very much in the hunt. After the MSU/Wisconsin game Michigan will most likely move up a spot just there. Personally I think that with Houston losing it cements Michigan's BCS bowl birth.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Lol, when LSU beat the number 2 team, on the road, you said they should drop.
Now Houston gets man handled by the number 24 team at home, and it shouldnt hurt them much.

dvrexpander

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 23, 2009
Near a tree
Lol, when LSU beat the number 2 team, on the road, you said they should drop.
Now Houston gets man handled by the number 24 team at home, and it shouldnt hurt them much.

Yeah I said it shouldn't hurt them much that could be by any amount - why do you want to speculate so much based on what I said about another team?? Houston should drop but not out of the top 15 - maybe to 14th but I just don't see Michigan slipping ahead of them fan base or no fan base cause thats the only reason why a BCS bowl would take them if they got in to the top 15 over someone else is fan base and that's bs - sales of tickets trumps better teams..love the BCS.

Wont' matter anyway I think TCU since basically destroying uNLV will go to the BCS at large spot ahead of michigan now.

dvrexpander

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 23, 2009
Near a tree
Interesting... the only TD so far the first half by LSU wasn't even legit..he tossed the ball to the line judge a foot before crossing the line - should be Georgia 10-0 or maybe more for Georgia at the half. Hell LSU went without a single 1st down the whole 1st half - sure do look like a #1 team lol

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp
Interesting... the only TD so far the first half by LSU wasn't even legit..he tossed the ball to the line judge a foot before crossing the line - should be Georgia 10-0 or maybe more for Georgia at the half. Hell LSU went without a single 1st down the whole 1st half - sure do look like a #1 team lol

Who would you replace LSU with? They have beat everyone. Including how many teams who are still ranked? How many top 10 tens has LSU beat?

Regardless of how this game pans out there is no way LSU is not the number 1 team in the nation. No one else has a resume ANYWHERE close to LSU's. I dont believe they should even drop from #1 if they lose today. As there is no one else more worthy.

dvrexpander

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 23, 2009
Near a tree
Who would you replace LSU with? They have beat everyone. Including how many teams who are still ranked? How many top 10 tens has LSU beat?

Regardless of how this game pans out there is no way LSU is not the number 1 team in the nation. No one else has a resume ANYWHERE close to LSU's. I dont believe they should even drop from #1 if they lose today. As there is no one else more worthy.

yeah yeah I hear the same crap coming from espn everytime I turn on the tv...however if LSU loses this game and loses big by say 20+ which is yeah unlikely I know, but if they do then they should drop a few spots. Would be pretty sad to see two teams in the NC game and neither won a conf title..how weak would that be!

and you saying "They have beat everyone." That's a false statement even if you add in "they have beat every good team" that's still false as there are plenty of good teams and watching them against Georgia obviously Georgia is a good team, Okla st is good team, VT is a good team, and Stanford is a good team.. so nope.avi

Well I'll post more later tonight...gotta get my dinner and get ready to watch VT play :)

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp
yeah yeah I hear the same crap coming from espn everytime I turn on the tv...however if LSU loses this game and loses big by say 20+ which is yeah unlikely I know, but if they do then they should drop a few spots. Would be pretty sad to see two teams in the NC game and neither won a conf title..how weak would that be!

and you saying "They have beat everyone." That's a false statement even if you add in "they have beat every good team" that's still false as there are plenty of good teams and watching them against Georgia obviously Georgia is a good team, Okla st is good team, VT is a good team, and Stanford is a good team.. so nope.avi

Can you show me a team who deserves to be number one more then LSU even if they lose by 20? Ok ill give you maybe Alabama, but can you name another team?

And what I mean by "They have beat everyone" was on there schedule. Which includes a couple teams still in the top 10.. and a few more in the top 25.. No other team in the nation has played against more top 25 teams, let alone BEAT them, then LSU has this year..

If you can show me 2 teams who have a better resume then LSU to make them "drop a few spots" then we can continue the discussion..

But None of the teams you mentioned deserve it. None of the teams you mention had a road anywhere near as tough as LSU's has been to get where they are today. 0. Not even Alabama has had a tougher road then LSU.

So unless someone can find a good reason why another team besides LSU deserves to be number 1 even with a loss today I am all ears.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
I will agree with Insider.
Bama "may" be as good or even better than LSU, but we have not had the road they have had.
I think those are the top two teams, and the BCS is in the business of matching the top two teams in the NC game.
Its that simple really.

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
I agree LSU is the best team in the country and had the toughest schedule, no doubt about it, but the stats back me up that OSU had a tougher schedule than Bama.

Wins over current BCS Top 25 teams: Oklahoma State: 5, Alabama: 2.
Wins over current BCS Top 50 teams: Oklahoma State: 7, Alabama: 5.
Wins over FBS teams with winning records: Oklahoma State: 6, Alabama: 3.
These numbers all go up if we beat #10 OU tonight

It's all perception. Bama has a better history and Saban is out politicking for it along with the rest of the sec and espn. The BCS usually punishes the teams that lose late, so why should LSU losing on the last day of the regular season be any different. You're going to say our loss was worse than Bama's yet we played a tougher schedule. So bama dropped a couple of spots after losing to the #1 team, so logically LSU should drop more than a few if they lose to a team that isn't in the Top 10, but we know that isn't going to happen.

This is why I don't care to argue about this because it is all a Beauty Pageant and stats and performance really mean nothing.

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp
Look I am a gator fan and we dislike the corndogs so I sure had defending them but what they have done this year has just been amazing. Specially given all the trouble they had at the start of the year with players suspended and such.

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp
I agree LSU is the best team in the country and had the toughest schedule, no doubt about it, but the stats back me up that OSU had a tougher schedule than Bama.

Wins over current BCS Top 25 teams: Oklahoma State: 5, Alabama: 2.
Wins over current BCS Top 50 teams: Oklahoma State: 7, Alabama: 5.
Wins over FBS teams with winning records: Oklahoma State: 6, Alabama: 3.
These numbers all go up if we beat #10 OU tonight

It's all perception. Bama has a better history and Saban is out politicking for it along with the rest of the sec and espn. The BCS usually punishes the teams that lose late, so why should LSU losing on the last day of the regular season be any different. You're going to say our loss was worse than Bama's yet we played a tougher schedule. So bama dropped a couple of spots after losing to the #1 team, so logically LSU should drop more than a few if they lose to a team that isn't in the Top 10, but we know that isn't going to happen.

This is why I don't care to argue about this because it is all a Beauty Pageant and stats and performance really mean nothing.

I agree with you that If all things pan out and OSU beats OK they should jump Alabama and get the chance to lose against LSU in the national title game ;)

I do not agree however with Alabama or any team for that matter jumping LSU if they lose today. No reason a team should be punished for losing late vs a team whos loss came early. a loss is a loss.

dvrexpander

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 23, 2009
Near a tree
If LSU wins tonight I'm going to pull for them in the NC game just cause I pulled for em in the other boring game...lol may as well win it with a FG competition again.

GOtta love the SEC fans here... so many SEC fans.

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp
If LSU wins tonight I'm going to pull for them in the NC game just cause I pulled for em in the other boring game...lol may as well win it with a FG competition again.

GOtta love the SEC fans here... so many SEC fans.

What does being an SEC fan have to do with it? Can you find me another team?

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
I still get back to OK state losing to who they did versus us losing in OT to the number one team.
We may have had a "weaker" schedule, but we didnt struggle in any way with it, only had a close game with LSU.
Ok State also didnt struggle, but lost to an unranked team.

I would not be happy as a homer if Bama got left out, but I wouldnt be that mad if Ok State was the team to get in over us. The have a valid argument as well. Not as good as Bama IMHO, but they are the next closest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)