Big East Expansion?

dvrexpander

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
Near a tree
I would have hoped it would have just crumbled and liquidated the rest of what was left but nooo how in the world is adding a few teams from the WEST COAST to be considered THE BIG EAST!!?? This only kills fans if you ask me.. how are you going to travel with your team when you will end up flying across country every other week?

The Big East is set to add Boise State, San Diego State, SMU, UCF and Houston as it begins to rebuild its league, with an announcement expected as early as Wednesday, sources confirmed to ESPN.com.

Sources -- Big East to announce Boise State, four others joining conference - ESPN

The addition of Boise State, San Diego State, SMU, UCF and Houston would come in time for the 2013 season, not only keeping the Big East a viable FBS conference and raising hopes it can hold onto its all-important automatic qualifying status for the Bowl Championship Series.

This is pretty much why the BE is grabbing at whatever they can to hold on to their AQ status - shame they can't add a few more teams from the EAST coast steal a few from Conf USA or something as I can see UCF but not San Diego St or BSU or Houston for that matter.

At least Boise State can get into and AQ conference now.

I hope they change the name, Big East sounds really stupid now.

The Big Country?

ther was once a Conference called the Yankee Conference that ws headquarted in richmond, VA. And the Big Ten has more than 10 teams. So i w don't think they take conference names too literally.

Just think, they HAD TCU too for a few minutes ..

lol yeah you are correct there - and I would think since Kellen is leaving they won't be ranked hardly in the top 30 let alone 25 come next season, the lose a pile load of starters with him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)