Notre Dame to leave the Big East for the ACC? Can football follow?

GT allowed an average of 30+ points last year. In otherwords their defense sucked. Until each team plays another respectable team, no one can say if that defense really improved that much since last year. Untul then, the hokie offense is still suspect.

I dunno if it's the recruiting or Al Groh has lost his mojo.Keep expecting GT to break out but they have yet to do it.Really like Paul Johnson,he and I went to different schools together.:D

Leave it to Georgia Tech fans to high jack the Notre Dame thread! :D

I grew up in the shadow of the Golden Dome. Our street was blocked off when the game day traffic was streaming by before and after the game. The GT v ND games for some reason stuck out, perhaps because one of our neighbors was a GT grad.

My first question when I heard that Notre Dame was moving to the ACC was, "what about football?" It seems like ND has two athletic programs: football, and the other sports. I can't imagine ND football without the Air Force and Navy games, nor without playing Purdue and Michigan.

What about Hockey? I assume they will stay with the barebones CCHA after Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State move to the newly formed Big Ten conference next year. I can't stand this piecemeal crap. ND should join the Big Ten conference (only choice that makes any sense for their entire athletic program...as in dollars and cents) and stop the nonsense.

I dunno if it's the recruiting or Al Groh has lost his mojo.Keep expecting GT to break out but they have yet to do it.Really like Paul Johnson,he and I went to different schools together.:D
Why not, we're an old rival of ND's, and now can be again :D besides, not much Tech football to talk about, a least until we get a defense.

ND hockey is going to Hockey East

Why leave the CCHA? Most teams are in their backyard and it's not like the ACC or Big East have a hockey conference.

Who sticks out like a sore thumb in the below list:

Boston College
Boston University
Maine
Massachusetts
Massachusetts-Lowell
Merrimack
New Hampshire
Northeastern
Notre Dame
Providence
Vermont

Yes, it's Notre Dame...they're the only Midwest school in the list. I can only conclude the ND AD is a douchebag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts