NCAA Football 2011-2012

I think they have IMPOSED ENOUGH on thier own .... they need to quit opening thier mouths and volentering and just let the NCAA did what they are going to do, they probably wouldn't have had half the punishment had they not VOLUNTEERED all this junk.

Does it really make a difference if they play in the Little Caesars bowl in MI or some other little bowl game? What happens when the NCAA slaps another year bowl ban on them in December? They play this bowl and then sit out next year when they may have a much better team. I would rather see them sit out a bowl when they are 7-5 or 6-6 instead of when they are 11-1. Nothing is gained out of having a bowl birth this year.

And to the point about them needing to keep their mouths shut, I totally disagree. It looks much better if you bring the information to them instead of them finding out on their own. This is why Tressel is without his job. They need to do everything to self report every minor issue to make them bring some respect and credibility back to the school.

What, you've never had a Top player from your state go to the Big Time University before ?

If you hate Ohio so much, why don't you move???

WTF with those comments? I have no clue what Jimbo's remark even means, and the other one is just belligerent. Hate Ohio? How did you even get that out of what I said? Isn't the kid from Cincinnati? My point was his mom probably wants him close to home and to go to tOSU... as in why would he want to go anywhere else in Ohio?"...you know, a complement to your school.

Comments like these make me think the "t" in tOSU might actually stand for thickheaded.
rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
Very interesting article...

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...-one-big-headache-for-college-football-112111

The Tigers, if they beat No. 3 Arkansas on Friday and No. 13 Georgia the following week in the SEC championship game, should win by acclimation.

But mull this over too: if LSU finishes the regular season unbeaten, it will have done so with victories against three teams that are quite likely to be in BCS bowl games (No. 2 Alabama, No. 9 Oregon and West Virginia, which has the inside track to the Big East title). None of those wins came at home.

The Tigers will play eight games against teams that were ranked when they met and only their 9-6 overtime win at Alabama has been closer than 13 points.

If the point of the BCS is to match up the two best teams in the country, then what’s the point? It already happened less than three weeks ago and we know who won. If LSU, as the visitor, had lost a tight game, then a rematch might have been in order. But not now.

And besides, it’s reasonable to ask if Alabama is all that good anyway. In the two games since losing to LSU, the Crimson Tide took a 10-0 lead into the fourth quarter against 5-6 Mississippi State and its top-ranked defense allowed 302 yards rushing against Georgia Southern.

The problem with arguing against Alabama is there isn’t anybody else.
And then there is the possibility that Arkansas, which has beaten LSU three times in four years, could do so again.

If it happens, then LSU should be judged on its resume like everyone else with a loss. If not, and the Tigers also roll past Georgia next week, then there should be a reward for playing a playoff schedule all season long.
As an LSU homer, gotta say I like the way this guy thinks. :D

Does it really make a difference if they play in the Little Caesars bowl in MI or some other little bowl game? What happens when the NCAA slaps another year bowl ban on them in December? They play this bowl and then sit out next year when they may have a much better team. I would rather see them sit out a bowl when they are 7-5 or 6-6 instead of when they are 11-1. Nothing is gained out of having a bowl birth this year.

And to the point about them needing to keep their mouths shut, I totally disagree. It looks much better if you bring the information to them instead of them finding out on their own. This is why Tressel is without his job. They need to do everything to self report every minor issue to make them bring some respect and credibility back to the school.

I don't think they will get a Bowl Ban from the NCAA, why offer it.

WTF with those comments? I have no clue what Jimbo's remark even means, and the other one is just belligerent. Hate Ohio? How did you even get that out of what I said? Isn't the kid from Cincinnati? My point was his mom probably wants him close to home and to go to tOSU... as in why would he want to go anywhere else in Ohio?"...you know, a complement to your school.

Comments like these make me think the "t" in tOSU might actually stand for thickheaded.
rolleyes.gif

The way you put YOUR comment about it, made it sound as if he was a child and mommy woulnd let him go anywhere.

I'm sure LSU has had players from thier home state that wanted to go to LSU, did thier mommies have to decide for them ?

Speaking of Ole Miss. Talked to a Ole Miss player yesterday. He's thinking Mike Leach will be his next coach. Possibly named early next week.

Speaking of Ole Miss. Talked to a Ole Miss player yesterday. He's thinking Mike Leach will be his next coach. Possibly named early next week.
Hotty Toddy! Gosh Almighty! NCAA might be knockin' at the door in a few years if that happens. :D

Also rumors that Nutt might be heading to Memphis, but in keeping with coach tradition, he's in denial too.

Houston Nutt denied that he has had any contact with Memphis, much less agreed to take a head coaching job that is not vacant.

A Rivals.com report Tuesday suggested an agreement was in place for Nutt, who has been fired at the end of this season, to replace Larry Porter as the Tigers’ next head coach.

“No, I have not,” Nutt said. “No contact whatsoever. They got a head coach. Strictly a rumor. I have not talked to anybody there with Memphis. That’s really unfair to coach Porter. He’s the coach there. Everybody needs to respect that and let me finish this game here.”

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2011/11/22/practice-notes-nutt-denies-memphis-report/

Last edited:
mccoyrj said:
Hotty Toddy! Gosh Almighty! NCAA might be knockin' at the door in a few year if that happens. :D]

ha. I thought the same thing. He said that the team needs stability., I said your going to get it from him?? LOL

He also said Nutt and staff were asked to vacate their offices this week.
Nutt really pissed them off losing to La Tech for homecoming.

Another blow to Big East potential stability.

AP source: BYU, Big East end negotiations - College Football - Rivals.com

Brigham Young won’t be part of the Big East’s westward expansion.

Negotiations between the rebuilding conference and BYU have broken off, a person familiar with the talks told The Associated Press. The person spoke Tuesday on condition of anonymity because the conference and school have not been making their talks public.

“BYU to the Big East is dead. It’s not going to happen,” the person said.

BYU athletic department spokesman Brett Pyne said in an email that school officials declined a request for comment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)