NCAA Football 2011-2012

I don't think they will get a Bowl Ban from the NCAA, why offer it.

Its called a preemptive strike. Even if you don't get a bowl ban the act of giving up one may help out with other punishments. I honestly will be surprised if they don't get a year or two bowl ban but that is just me.

JAG72 said:
Its called a preemptive strike. Even if you don't get a bowl ban the act of giving up one may help out with other punishments. I honestly will be surprised if they don't get a year or two bowl ban but that is just me.

The voice of reason!

I agree.

They would be best to turn down the bowl this year as a preemptive strike. They still do not have the full ruling from the NCAA and they could still have a bowl ban imposed. Impose your own bowl ban this year when you were not any good and go to a bowl next when the team may be better.

I look at it oppositely. Leave something open for the NCAA to come down on. You know they'll hand some kind of punishment out, no matter how many preemptive strikes OSU imposes themselves. Might as well be this year's bowl, then we can move on once and for all.

I thought they were poisinous?

I'm not sure what everyone else is talking about, but up here, we make "Buckeyes" that are chocolate covered peanut butter treats and call them "Buckeyes". I would never eat the actual nut. They are in fact poisonous.

Here's what I'm talking about......

buckeyes5.jpg

I'm not sure what everyone else is talking about, but up here, we make "Buckeyes" that are chocolate covered peanut butter treats and call them "Buckeyes". I would never eat the actual nut. They are in fact poisonous.

buckeyes5.jpg

Oh ok, didn't know about them.

I think they have already given up PLENTY ..... considering the way things went with this inverstigation and how the OTHER investigations went with other schools .....

I look at it oppositely. Leave something open for the NCAA to come down on. You know they'll hand some kind of punishment out, no matter how many preemptive strikes OSU imposes themselves. Might as well be this year's bowl, then we can move on once and for all.

Hey ....

Thought we already "Moved On" ...

I agree with your comments here.

Whats gonna happen when the NCAA comes out and doesn't ADD anything else to the list (which I don't think is gonna happen) is everyone else is gonna say WHAT the NCAA didn't do anything to them and it will think they got off with nothing.... but they will conveniently forget about all the stuff Ohio State has already done without.

I suspect they will give up a few scholarships and maybe a few other things not mentioned yet.

Hey ....

Thought we already "Moved On" ...

I agree with your comments here.

Whats gonna happen when the NCAA comes out and doesn't ADD anything else to the list (which I don't think is gonna happen) is everyone else is gonna say WHAT the NCAA didn't do anything to them and it will think they got off with nothing.... but they will conveniently forget about all the stuff Ohio State has already done without.

I suspect they will give up a few scholarships and maybe a few other things not mentioned yet.

Sorry, I don't read the boards at night. I'm a morning person. Just getting caught up from last night's convos. :eek:

Al Golden is as good as gone from The U.

Last night, he said THIS in a phone press conference:

Pittsburgh Gazette reporter: "Al, I do not know how I can ask this but I will put in the best way I can... Are you, interested, in any way... in the Penn State coaching job...?"

Al Golden: "I have addressed this question before. I am happy with the progress the program has made and I an excited about the recruits we have coming in."

Pittsburgh Gazette reporter: "So you confirming without a doubt that you WILL be the..the headcoach at the Univeristy of Miami?"

Al Golden: "Yes, I believe I will be the headcoach at the University of Miami in 2012"

What I do not understand....IF it was another school where there was no scandal...I could understand. I mean he was more than likely kept in the dark about the investigation. But PENN STATE??!! Really? Seriously?!

HD MM said:

I wondered how many people would understand that I was talking about the candy version. :)

Rich Rod coaching in Arizona, I think thats a good place for him. On another note looking foward to the annual game this weekend against "ohio" as Brady Hoke says, maybe this year we can get back on the W side of things, get 10 wins and end up with a season of a bit of a pleasant suprise. Biggest surprise this year for me has been the Defense that was much improved

Rich Rod coaching in Arizona, I think thats a good place for him. On another note looking foward to the annual game this weekend against "ohio" as Brady Hoke says, maybe this year we can get back on the W side of things, get 10 wins and end up with a season of a bit of a pleasant suprise. Biggest surprise this year for me has been the Defense that was much improved

IN the spirit of the weekend -

Upon running low on gas in southern Michigan returning from a recruiting trip "Stop for gas?! We'll push the damn car all the way to the Ohio state line before I contribute one penny to any business in the state of Michigan!" - Woody Hayes

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)