NCAA Football 2011-2012

Now that said I would much rather watch LSU play anyone other then Alabama, be it OKS, Stanford, VTech anyone but Bama. Why? Because it would be better for the conference for them to prove themselves against someone other then another conference foe.. Plus I think Alabama is the only team in the nation whod have a chance of beating them. Id much rather watch LSU destroy OKS, Stanford or Vtech then watch them beat or lose to Alabama.

What makes you think LSU could "destroy" OKS, Stanford or VTech?? I bet any one of those 3 teams could step up and play hard against them win or lose at least they stepped up and deserve some respect doing so.

But I still stand behind the fact that you should have to win you're conference title to play for the national championship - for Bama to get a by-week to sit and do nothing but retain a free pass is just lame and a smack in the face to the rest of CFB. If you don't want to have that requirement then get rid of conferences all together - until that happens win what you are supposed to win and then play the big game.

If it was supposed to be a requirement to win your conference then the bcs would have made it one and would have never made the 3-team rule.

Maybe next time VT won't schedule such an easy OOC schedule that we were ridiculing early this season and you were defending. That schedule is why they have no love from the computers

What makes you think LSU could "destroy" OKS, Stanford or VTech?? I bet any one of those 3 teams could step up and play hard against them win or lose at least they stepped up and deserve some respect doing so.

But I still stand behind the fact that you should have to win you're conference title to play for the national championship - for Bama to get a by-week to sit and do nothing but retain a free pass is just lame and a smack in the face to the rest of CFB. If you don't want to have that requirement then get rid of conferences all together - until that happens win what you are supposed to win and then play the big game.

Had Va Tech "won what they are supposed to win" (Clemson), then we wouldnt be having this conversation. Same with Ok State, or Stanford. All three had their shot to keep Bama out of this game (and a remote possibility still exists), but didnt.

The BCS is like most things. In a reactive state instead of proactive. They will get it right............someday.

If it was supposed to be a requirement to win your conference then the bcs would have made it one and would have never made the 3-team rule.

Maybe next time VT won't schedule such an easy OOC schedule that we were ridiculing early this season and you were defending. That schedule is why they have no love from the computers

I'm happy for once they scheduled some low tier teams to give new players like our now star QB time to mature and get good... the Clemson loss was just a little water in the face - look at years past VT has scheduled against teams like Bama (whom they are up against them again in 2013 for the kickoff game again) So don't sit here and tell me they don't schedule good hard teams cause they do and its about time IMO they backed off a little this year to build. Prob the best thing they did was do this schedule.

Facts still remain - Bama didn't win its Conf where Oklahoma St and VT both have a chance to do that and make a big statement! Okla St obviously has a better shot and I would hope they would play LSU than Bama cause that is just a sucky rematch waiting to happen.

Had Va Tech "won what they are supposed to win" (Clemson), then we wouldnt be having this conversation. Same with Ok State, or Stanford. All three had their shot to keep Bama out of this game (and a remote possibility still exists), but didnt.

Are you serious? Ok so Ok State lost 1 game, VA Tech lost 1 game.. BAMA lost 1 game - how is it fair to give Bama ANOTHER chance when these other teams haven't had a chance yet - between Ok State and VT obviously Ok State is in better position and they deserve it over Bama.

Are you serious? Ok so Ok State lost 1 game, VA Tech lost 1 game.. BAMA lost 1 game - how is it fair to give Bama ANOTHER chance when these other teams haven't had a chance yet - between Ok State and VT obviously Ok State is in better position and they deserve it over Bama.

This may be the first time I've typed this sentence...I agree with dvrexpander!

Alabama had their shot at HOME no less. Now because they're ranked behind LSU they get to sit back and make it into the championship game by default? There is something wrong with this.

Sandra

I hope that an all SEC BCS title game infuriates all the other conferences and school presidents, that we end up with at least a +1 in the future.

\

Quite serious. Bama had a "better" loss, at home yes, to the consensus number one, in overtime.
Va tech lost by 20 at home to Clemson.
Ok State loss was to an unranked Iowa State.
And Stanford got crushed by Oregon.

Had any of those teams won when they were "supposed" to Bama would not be in the mix. So, they did have their "shot", they blew it.
There are other factors that have put them there, Va Techs weak schedule (see computer), and the timing of the Ok State and the Stanford loss in comparison to the Bama loss as well.

I hope that an all SEC BCS title game infuriates all the other conferences and school presidents, that we end up with at least a +1 in the future.

And now I agree with this guy too! Outside of Alabama and Louisiana this will be the LEAST anticipated title game I could imagine.

Perhaps this is what spurs the NCAA peeps into action to make sure this can never happen again. So many things wrong with this.

Sandra

If ONLY Braxton Miller could put a little more "touch" under his passes, tOSU would've easily beaten Michigan in an off year and on the road. Too many open receivers overthrown on Saturday. Ugh! Oh well. Onto the next regime. Losing seasons aren't tolerated under any circumstance in Columbus. Welcome to the big leagues Urban Meyer!!

This may be the first time I've typed this sentence...I agree with dvrexpander!

Alabama had their shot at HOME no less. Now because they're ranked behind LSU they get to sit back and make it into the championship game by default? There is something wrong with this.

Sandra
Va Tech had their shot at HOME against Clemson. Had they won that, they would be ahead of us most likely.

I will say that if either of those were undefeated, I would be more likely to agree that they should be in over Bama. But they didnt, so I dont. I see (and the pollsters, and most computers now) Bama as the best of the one loss teams.

If ONLY Braxton Miller could put a little more "touch" under his passes, tOSU would've easily beaten Michigan in an off year and on the road. Too many open receivers overthrown on Saturday. Ugh! Oh well. Onto the next regime. Losing seasons aren't tolerated under any circumstance in Columbus. Welcome to the big leagues Urban Meyer!!
Lol, congrats on the hire, but I think Meyer knows a thing or two about the big leagues. (Not saying Ohio State isnt mind you, they most definitely are)

Va Tech had their shot at HOME against Clemson. Had they won that, they would be ahead of us most likely.

I will say that if either of those were undefeated, I would be more likely to agree that they should be in over Bama. But they didnt, so I dont. I see (and the pollsters, and most computers now) Bama as the best of the one loss teams.

Yeah, I get that...but that's not how I'm looking at it. The way I see it, Alabama had their shot at HOME...give someone else a shot.

Sandra

Yeah, I get that...but that's not how I'm looking at it. The way I see it, Alabama had their shot at HOME...give someone else a shot.

Sandra

What if Oregon had only one loss and would be playing LSU again? Would you be saying the same thing? I highly doubt it.

Lol, congrats on the hire, but I think Meyer knows a thing or two about the big leagues. (Not saying Ohio State isnt mind you, they most definitely are)

So you're saying the Florida Gators prepped him for the stress ringer that is Ohio State Football? Good. He better be ready. It's a tough gig. Not everyone has the stones to do it.

What if Oregon had only one loss and would be playing LSU again? Would you be saying the same thing? I highly doubt it.

Alot of people here dont want to see an all SEC championship, I get that. I just dont see the better option.
The goal of the BCS is to match the top two teams in the nation. I have yet to hear a valid argument that they have not done that.

So you're saying the Florida Gators prepped him for the stress ringer that is Ohio State Football? Good. He better be ready. It's a tough gig. Not everyone has the stones to do it.
No doubt, it is probably one of the tougher jobs in the nation. Florida, IMO, is right there with it. He may not have had to deal with the stress at FLA, as they often won under him, but I would say that it is just as demanding a job as most any.

Alot of people here dont want to see an all SEC championship, I get that. I just dont see the better option. The goal of the BCS is to match the top two teams in the nation. I have yet to hear a valid argument that they have not done that.
I could make a good argument for the cowboys, only loss was in OT, beat several teams that are still ranked. But beyond them and Alabama, I can't see anyone else due to weak schedules and bad losses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)