NCAA Football 2011-2012

The issue is, will your team be up to play the game and show the world how good they are, or will they be like some teams and show up dis interested and play poorly and potentially lose the game.

I hope they show up. Ask Bama fans how much it sucks when they dont.

The BCS is the one that matters. It is the only one that matters. And ND was ranked 22 in the BCS, Auburn was 24.

As for VT falling, it is the unbiased computers. They didnt improve in those. Aren't the computer rankings the ones you wanted to keep to make sure they are not biased?

Yes I still stand behind that Computer decision that has never changed not even for this...but the BCS as a whole is flawed and this should show it along with the so called over hyped rematch soon to come.

Im honestly shocked that the voters give them that much respect.

Reason for the voters giving what they deserve is cause they see how well they played on the field and I would hope most saw that instead of 38-0 yesterday they could have scored again to make it 45-0 but Beamer once again took a damn knee in the red zone with almost 2 mins left in the game.

The BCS is what it is, it apparently will take 25% of the 2nd place votes and 75% of the 3rd place votes in the Coaches poll for OSU to jump Bama. It is still a popularity contest and perception is everything.

• Wins over current BCS Top 25 teams: Oklahoma State: 5, Alabama: 2.

• Wins over current BCS Top 50 teams: Oklahoma State: 7, Alabama: 5.

• Wins over FBS teams with winning records: Oklahoma State: 6, Alabama: 3.

• Conference titles: Oklahoma State: 1, Alabama: 0.

The BCS is what it is, it apparently will take 25% of the 2nd place votes and 75% of the 3rd place votes in the Coaches poll for OSU to jump Bama. It is still a popularity contest and perception is everything.

• Conference titles: Oklahoma State: 1, Alabama: 0.

You forgot one very important stat.

• Loss to the number 1 team in the nation: Alabama: 1, Oklahoma State: 0
• Loss to a barely bowl eligible un ranked team: Alabama: 0, Oklahoma State: 1

You have to win the easy ones or its VERY hard to come back from.

Now that said I would much rather watch LSU play anyone other then Alabama, be it OKS, Stanford, VTech anyone but Bama. Why? Because it would be better for the conference for them to prove themselves against someone other then another conference foe.. Plus I think Alabama is the only team in the nation whod have a chance of beating them. Id much rather watch LSU destroy OKS, Stanford or Vtech then watch them beat or lose to Alabama.

Sure that's not fair to Alabama who has earned there spot as number 2 in the nation. But as a nice consolation they get to go kick someone else's butt in another BCS bowl.

Now if LSU and Alabama play in the NC game does Georgia or Arkansas get the SEC automatic bid or does the SEC lose it?

Last edited:
Now if LSU and Alabama play in the NC game does Georgia or Arkansas get the SEC automatic bid or does the SEC loose it?

They lose it. The only way they would of had three would be if say GA beats LSU and LSU falls to #2 and Alabama takes #1 then GA would get the AQ bid to the sugar bowl and alabam and lsu would play for the title.

You forgot one very important stat.

• Loss to the number 1 team in the nation: Alabama: 1, Oklahoma State: 0
• Loss to a barely bowl eligible un ranked team: Alabama: 0, Oklahoma State: 1

You have to win the easy ones or its VERY hard to come back from.

Now that said I would much rather watch LSU play anyone other then Alabama, be it OKS, Stanford, VTech anyone but Bama. Why? Because it would be better for the conference for them to prove themselves against someone other then another conference foe.. Plus I think Alabama is the only team in the nation whod have a chance of beating them. Id much rather watch LSU destroy OKS, Stanford or Vtech then watch them beat or lose to Alabama.

Sure that's not fair to Alabama who has earned there spot as number 2 in the nation. But as a nice consolation they get to go kick someone else's butt in another BCS bowl.

Bama will beat LSU this time around .... Bama will be #1 and LSU fan will say, but wait, we won the 1st one, lets play again ...

They lose it. The only way they would of had three would be if say GA beats LSU and LSU falls to #2 and Alabama takes #1 then GA would get the AQ bid to the sugar bowl and alabam and lsu would play for the title.

Not so sure about that ... seeing they still have the ONLY 2 teams in a BSC bowl game from the same conference.

That is correct. I could quite remember how this could possibly play out, so I went and looked it up.

Not so sure about that ... seeing they still have the ONLY 2 teams in a BSC bowl game from the same conference.

True, but there are certain exceptions, and Georgia winning the SEC while leaving Bama and LSU at the top two spots would be one of them.

msmith198025 said:
True, but there are certain exceptions, and Georgia winning the SEC while leaving Bama and LSU at the top two spots would be one of them.

Oh Great, an SEC Exception to the rules .... imagine that.

J/k

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I thought the same thing but it was posted earlier the rules that showed that there is a way that 3 could make a BCS game.

Conference titles: Oklahoma State: 1, Alabama: 0.
Maybe. The game with OU this week will decide the conference championship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)