NCAA Football 2011-2012

did I nail it or what.

One more year is all you get Will and Charlie.. One more year...

In fairness to Will "Ron Zook" Muschamp and Charlie "I would be coaching high school if not for Tom Brady" Weis, the previous regime left them nothing on offense.

The Defense has talent, just can't do anything when the offense puts them in bad situations game after game.

Finally the losing streak to UT is over.

Only problem is that UK still has the longest current losing streak versus one team. Florida is also at 26 games.

Wake hasn't been very good at all very inconsistent - GT has been on a downward streak since VT spanked them at home...Clemson is just weird I've not figured out what to make of them yet but I do know they got lucky and exposed VT at home when they played them but both teams are completely different now from that day...very different. FSU is doing ok good game against Florida but I'm not really paying much attention to Conferences unless you want to talk about nonsense of a possible team going to the NC game without winning their DIVISION let alone Conf...how stupid is that!

How stupid is it to have the second best team in the NCAA div1 go to the NC title game? dont know. I think thats how it works though. The two best teams right?

Finally the losing streak to UT is over.

Only problem is that UK still has the longest current losing streak versus one team. Florida is also at 26 games.

Ya if we lose to Kentucky next year I think its in Will Mushcamps contract he has to give back every dollar we paid him and he gets tarred and feathered on his way out the door.

In fairness to Will "Ron Zook" Muschamp and Charlie "I would be coaching high school if not for Tom Brady" Weis, the previous regime left them nothing on offense.

The Defense has talent, just can't do anything when the offense puts them in bad situations game after game.

oh I have no complaints about our defense. They are doing a great job. They better with Will Muschamp being a defense minded person. Our offense just sucks. Badly

How stupid is it to have the second best team in the NCAA div1 go to the NC title game? dont know. I think thats how it works though. The two best teams right?

I never said the BCS was working.... it's shown year after year not to work but I'm sorry if you have conferences and divisions that you have to win to get a AQ to a BCS Bowl game then you should have to win these as well to get to the bigger BCS Bowl Game. Makes no damn sense that you don't win just even you're division and can be #2 in the country - no sense. Voters and Computers should see this - should have seen it back early in the season but nope pre-season match up hype with LSU was on the books for ratings and yeah they got some ratings alright. I can see the headlines saying now "NOW We have a chance to relive those magic moments of missed FG's and no Touchdowns from two of the top teams in the nation!!"

As a fan of CFB there is no way I want to relive that game since it was nothing but a boring show of crap kicking and not a lick of offense towards either team. 3 things make a team great - Special Teams, Defense and Offense that game showed me only one and that was Defense - the other groups never got off the bus!

SO voters need to see this and not put them together again - Computers love Okla St for a reason at #2 so let them and LSU go at it.

I'll tell ya this though..what pisses me off the most is the fact that we may have a match up with #3 or #4 team in the country against a unranked West Virginia - why in the hell doesn't the BCS not match Virginia Tech up with some other good top 10 team - win and they can get this stupid monkey off their back about not beating a big team cause well the BCS screws them alot on this a few years ago it was Cincy they beat as a top 10 team and nobody cared. So this match up could just ruin ratings for VT unless they play smart and put them up against a top 10 team which I hope they will just as they did last year by skipping the Big East and the Orange Bowl pick someone else.

Hart5150 said:

Which proves how much recruiting is a crap shoot. All those years that Meyer was the coach there, the classes he recruited were in the top 10 every year.

I never said the BCS was working.... it's shown year after year not to work

It may not be the preferred system of many, but not work? I would say they get it right when matching up the two best teams than not. (I am talking about the top 2, not the other "meaningless BCS bowls").

I think that they should do away with AQ status, and do the plus one. That should be all the BCS (or whatever it is called in the future) should be involved in. Three games total numbers 1-4 and a champ game between the two winners).
The other bowls can shut down or fend for themselves. There are far too many as it is.

Which proves how much recruiting is a crap shoot. All those years that Meyer was the coach there, the classes he recruited were in the top 10 every year.

There are some misjudged years and players for sure, but look at the top teams over the years, and most likely they will have had top rated recruiting classes.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!
This one was a year coming. I immensely enjoyed it

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where it will get tricky as Alabama is going to have an idle week. Lets see if anybody jumps them in the polls after the championship week.

It is possible, but very doubtful. Anyone that is playing for a championship is too far back or has two losses (oregon, Va tech).
Stanford is also idle.
Ok State has a remote outside shot, but they would have to absolutely blow out Oklahoma, which I dont see happening, and even if they did it might not be enough.

Houston has no shot.

It is possible, but very doubtful. Anyone that is playing for a championship is too far back or has two losses (oregon, Va tech).
Stanford is also idle.
Ok State has a remote outside shot, but they would have to absolutely blow out Oklahoma, which I dont see happening, and even if they did it might not be enough.

Houston has no shot.

VA Tech only has one loss not two.

VA Tech only has one loss not two.

Sorry I wasnt more clear. Oregon was the 2 loss team that is playing for a conference championship.
Va Tech is the one that is too far behind that is playing for one. (yes they are third int he coaches, not sure about the Harris yet, but I dont see a win in the ACC CG giving them enough of a boost, although they will certainly close the gap. That and the computers dont have them that high in relation to the other teams)
Edit: the Va Tech Computer rankings:
7 7 10 7 9 18 7
Ok State will still most likely be ahead of them in the BCS.

Last edited:
VT beats Clemson, jumps over Alabama, and goes to the NC game. Wouldn't that be somethin????

Yeah it would be ..they are on track to do it too and in good fashion the way they destroyed UVA at home - Thing here is VT won its division... will play and should win its Conference therefore you have a DIV/CONF WINNER sitting right there 1 loss against another 1 loss whom LOST TO LSU ALREADY that should have the voter mentality to say "Ohh we've seen LSU beat bama in a boring game so lets have someone else play them!" This is how it should turn out no if and's or buts about it... Now to all the haters - VT is a damn good team they proved it yesterday against a top 25 (in AP and Coaches) polls shutting out UVA first time on home turf since 1984. I believe right now the way they are playing they would at least put up a nice fight against LSU and it would come down to whomever can avoid turn overs to win it....sure would be nice to have that rematch from 2007 that's all I can tell ya.

Sorry I wasnt more clear. Oregon was the 2 loss team that is playing for a conference championship.
Va Tech is the one that is too far behind that is playing for one. (yes they are third int he coaches, not sure about the Harris yet, but I dont see a win in the ACC CG giving them enough of a boost, although they will certainly close the gap. That and the computers dont have them that high in relation to the other teams)
Edit: the Va Tech Computer rankings:
7 7 10 7 9 18 7
Ok State will still most likely be ahead of them in the BCS.

That's last weeks comp numbers... wait till tonight I'm sure that gap will get knocked over - don't be surprised if VT slips into #3 just as the coaches poll is showing. If VT not just wins but punishes Clemson for that loss early on that would swing a lot of voters BIG TIME!!! If Bama stays at #2 then fine it is what it is, but if VT gets damn stuck playing a crappy non ranked West VA team I and many other VT fans will be pissed - Orange Bowl should pick someone else, anyone in the top 10 to take that spot.

Last thing to say here - GO HOKIES!!!

Big East Expansion?

When will Ohio State get the final resolution from the NCAA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)