NCAA Football 2011-2012

dvrexpander said:
Fact: The last two Pro -Bowls have had more ACC players than ANY other Conference. BOOM.... only fact I need. ACC ACC ACC ACC

he shoots..he scores... do not pass go...do not collect $300

well I guess if this keeps up you won't have to worry about playing West Virginia. maybe you're team will drop below Houston since you will have two losses.

I feel your pain. Good news is though while clemson goes and plays some crappy big east team in stinky Miami, VTech can play a good team in a nice bowl ;)

Well lets put it this way I know how Georgia fans feel after today - but VT played so bad today, the play calling is so predictable that I'm tired of defending them win or lose. Clemson is a damn good team I give them that and they've had VT's number obviously since the first time they played.

Bad thing here is the chances of getting a at large spot is gone way down and the next best bowl for them is the Chik Fila Bowl which could be against Arkansas. The Defense has takin a beating so bad I don't know if they all heal up by then.

Ohh and did I mention this damn Chik Fil a bowl is on NEW YEARS NIGHT!?!? uggg I can't go out to enjoy the night now and miss the game. :(

Virginia Tech should tumble in the rankings behind the winner of Michigan State/Wisconsin, South Carolina, Michigan and perhaps others, while Oklahoma State should move ahead of Alabama into the #2 spot after demolishing #10 Oklahoma. OSU won their conference title and played a tougher schedule while Alabama didn't even win their division. There are no valid (logical) arguments against this statement. Of course, there is always the BCS.

Virginia Tech should tumble in the rankings behind the winner of Michigan State/Wisconsin, South Carolina, Michigan and perhaps others, while Oklahoma State should move ahead of Alabama into the #2 spot after demolishing #10 Oklahoma. OSU won their conference title and played a tougher schedule while Alabama didn't even win their division. There are no valid (logical) arguments against this statement. Of course, there is always the BCS.

I agree.. I really see VT falling to 10th after this game from the point spread mostly - positive note here is that VT is only losing a few key players and most wil return next year. But yeah seeing how Okla state played yep they deserve that #2 spot big time!

Michigan State cost themselves the Big 10 title with a running into the punter penalty at the end of the game.

What has Alabama accomplished this year?

No standout wins other than Penn State/Arkansas, a "darn nice try" in a home loss, didn't win their own division/conference, and has a worse resume.

What has Alabama accomplished this year?

No standout wins other than Penn State/Arkansas, a "darn nice try" in a home loss, didn't win their own division/conference, and has a worse resume.

And they would beat any other team out there if they were placed on thier schedule.

You can only play the games that are on your schedule, you can't pick and choose .

SEC Proponent here Big time, Best Conference by Far

I have zero doubt that LSU and Alabama are the two top teams by miles. Just far too much talent for that matter I'm not sure Arkansas is not the third best team in the country.

Saw someone above diminish the Arkansas Win for Bama. I have zero doubt Arkansas would roll through the ACC and Big least undefeated and very likely win the Big Ten with relative ease. Would be right on par with Stanford and Oregon in the PAC 12.

Funny to read the last several pages of posts.

Now all that said I have zero problem either way if it's Alabama or Oklahoma State. Both have impressive resumes, Bama from a stronger Conference by far but still can't sell OSU short. Just boils down to what voters put their stock in the Quality of Wins or the Quality of the Loss.

Also have to factor in the anti rematch sentiment.

I suspect it will be Bama by a whisker but if it's OSU, I have no problem with it either way.

Best thing about yesterday was getting to watch Va Tech be exposed as the fraud they have been the entire season.

Terrible schedule, no big wins, ass kicked twice by Clemson.

If they were in any other BCS Confeernce outside their own or the Big Least they are a middle tier team nothing more.

Last edited:
Best thing about yesterday was getting to watch Va Tech be exposed as the fraud they have been the entire season.

Terrible schedule, no big wins, ass kicked twice by Clemson.

If they were in any other BCS Confeernce outside their own or the Big Least they are a middle tier team nothing more.

You crazy... VT earned their spot - Clemson is just a very good team that slipped a few times and already knew how to beat VT.. they are no fraud...this comment you made just has me laughin .... while I'm upset they lost and that the play calling was nothing more than a photo of the last Clemson game I can't ignore that they got beat but no worse than Oklahoma by 44-10 which VT lost 38-10 so why are you not harpin on them?? I know why you are a VT hater nothing more... both those teams lost and both are still very good teams no matter what you say.

Bottom line here is Okla St is very good and deserve those votes for the #2 spot ahead of a team LSU already beat so there ya go... Ohh and I PRAY VT gets paired up against Arkansas if they get the Chik Fila Bowl and beats them in that bowl game..

Still...can't ignore this
SEC Proponent here Big time, Best Conference by Far

nothing more than SEC bias but at least you stated it before mouthing off..how about those SEC teams though? Wow Tenn 5-7, Kentucky 5-7, Miss St 6-6, Ole Miss 2-10..... so that's 4 teams with LOSING records however when I look at the ACC for example a conf you shat on in that comment they have 4 teams with losing records one of which is also 6-6 but at least they gave up their bowl game....hmmmmmm did I mention that the last two pro bowls there were more players from the ACC than any other conf in the last two pages of posts you say you read?

Last edited:
Interesting observation from the ESPN comments about BCS-

cynic314
The fact that fans of Alabama or of Oklahoma State will have their hearts broken tonight, not by the quality of their team's play, but by the fickle, biased, and sometimes uninformed opinions of voters and by computer algorithms so secretive the CIA would be proud is all the proof you need that College Football needs a playoff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)