NCAA Football 2011-2012

Yep. It's disgraceful.

Any Coaches poll should be taken out. Coaches have tunnel vision and agendas.

Some media do also, but most of the AP scribes seem to take it seriously and the good ones usually blog or try to explain the thought process that goes with their vote.

Would be far better to use AP as either the Coaches poll or the Harris poll.

No more disgraceful than the rest of the Bias voting that goes on.... as I said a while back and still say it that the voters should be out and only go by computers...we wouldn't this discussion and we wouldn't have the nonsense idea of a bama lsu rematch either.

And we have proven that the computers are more over the place with some teams than the voters.

This!

Computers are only as good as the programs designed for them. I like an eyeball quotient going onto the mix also.

Just wish some would take it a little more seriously. Coaches looking at ya

Like i said earlier both Bama and OSU can make a legitimate claim. Hopefully this along with another Big Least/ACC Matchup in the God forsaken Orange Bowl will help lead to change.

This!

Computers are only as good as the programs designed for them. I like an eyeball quotient going onto the mix also.

And as I said before... you would have to have some sort of checks and balances on the programming - 0011000 that's all you need right there for a team name so therefore no bias voting - far better and more accurate than any voter when they can be manipulated but whatever I'm just a programmer what do I know.

And as I said before... you would have to have some sort of checks and balances on the programming - 0011000 that's all you need right there for a team name so therefore no bias voting - far better and more accurate than any voter when they can be manipulated but whatever I'm just a programmer what do I know.

I assume then that the current computer models would be insufficient in your perfect world of no human voters?

I assume then that the current computer models would be insufficient in your perfect world of no human voters?

Very... a whole new system would have to be re-written if I had to set this up I'd do 10 computers and would NOT remove lowest and highest just take the average - each computer would evaluate different things

But a outside firm would have to sit down and figure out what those things would be while another outside firm monitors how the data is input into each computer to ensure no fraud or errors are taking place. Re-run the results 2-3 times which wouldn't take but minutes with the systems we have now to ensure nothing has changed and there you go.

No offense to 'Bama and their fans... but Oklahoma State deserves to play LSU more than they do. They destroyed a top ten team for their conference champion...Alabama had their chance a few weeks ago...and lost.

No offense to 'Bama and their fans... but Oklahoma State deserves to play LSU more than they do. They destroyed a top ten team for their conference champion...Alabama had their chance a few weeks ago...and lost.
Counter argument is that so did Ok State, against Iowa Sate, and they lost as well. Had they won, just like bama, the situation would be much different.

Counter argument is that so did Ok State, against Iowa Sate, and they lost as well. Had they won, just like bama, the situation would be much different.

But Bama didn't win. ;) The lost that game and they did not even have a chance to play for the conference championship. This just shows you how screwed up the BCS really is. The only good thing that will come out of Bama making it to the NCG is there will be changes that come from it.

JAG72 said:
But Bama didn't win. ;) The lost that game and they did not even have a chance to play for the conference championship. This just shows you how screwed up the BCS really is. The only good thing that will come out of Bama making it to the NCG is there will be changes that come from it.

Neither did ok state. Win that is. (in the game I mentioned)

I see too many ready to bring up the bama loss but discount a much worse Ok State loss.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Neither did ok state. Win that is. (in the game I mentioned)

I see too many ready to bring up the bama loss but discount a much worse Ok State loss.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I don't discount the OSU loss. The only thing that makes me not want Bama there is the conference championship piece. I also personally would like to see OSU there as it would be a different game that we haven't seen already.

FYI, I am not for any team playing a rematch in the NCG not just Bama. If it was OSU going to play LSU for a second time I would be just as much against the rematch. I was also against the rematch when the talks of Ohio State vs Michigan for a second time.

Reports are VT is going to the sugar bowl as an at large. If it keeps Michigan out, I'm all for it.

I don't think it will keep them out unless OSU plays for in the NCG. There is going to be an extra at large bid if 2 SEC teams are in the NCG.

JAG72 said:
I don't think it will keep them out unless OSU plays for in the NCG. There is going to be an extra at large bid if 2 SEC teams are in the NCG.

You're right it's going to be VT/MICHIGAN. What a dog bowl.

The BCS is such an effing joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)