NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...ider-renaming-divisions-232945950--ncaaf.html

To this day, I don't know which Big Ten team is in which division.
I'm a Big Ten alum and write about college football for a living, but I need to look up whether Ohio State is in the Leaders or Legends every single time. The names have never made sense. They seemed like a bizarre attempt to be different when "east" and "west" or something similarly mundane has been a pretty tried and true formula through the years. The names were an immediate joke, especially on social media.
Well, Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany told ESPN.com on Monday that the conference will consider changing the division names for 2014. It is highly unlikely there would be any rallies to save the names.

Most of us said these were dumb since day one. Hopefully they come up with something better this time around.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...ider-renaming-divisions-232945950--ncaaf.html

Most of us said these were dumb since day one. Hopefully they come up with something better this time around.

I agree, however the original idea was to choose something other than a "East and West" name ... but as we see, the current ones aren't any better.

Delaney said right away that the names would probably be changed at a later date, once he saw the uproar when originally announced.

Looks like Chip Kelly changed his mind. According to ESPN he is leaving Oregon to coach the Eagles even though he said he was staying put a few weeks ago. I suspect we will start hearing about violations at Oregon soon. Maybe I'm wrong but this feels an awful lot like the way Pete Carrol left USC.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8849699/chip-kelly-bolts-oregon-ducks-coach-philadelphia-eagles-sources

I had a feeling he would go. It will be interesting to see who the Ducks hire.

Was he really a victim??

There was no Lennay Kekua.
Lennay Kekua did not meet Manti Te'o after the Stanford game in 2009.
Lennay Kekua did not attend Stanford.
Lennay Kekua never visited Manti Te'o in Hawaii.
Lennay Kekua was not in a car accident.
Lennay Kekua did not talk to Manti Te'o every night on the telephone.
She was not diagnosed with cancer, did not spend time in the hospital, did not engage in a lengthy battle with leukemia. She never had a bone marrow transplant.
She was not released from the hospital on Sept. 10, nor did Brian Te'o congratulate her for this over the telephone.
She did not insist that Manti Te'o play in the Michigan State or Michigan games, and did not request he send white flowers to her funeral.
Her favorite color was not white.
Her brother, Koa, did not inform Manti Te'o that she was dead.
Koa did not exist. Her funeral did not take place in Carson, Calif., and her casket was not closed at 9 a.m. exactly. She was not laid to rest.

Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

in an interview he says " well i can't describe her...". of course not. can't describe what doesn't exist. what a weird story........

I think this whole thing is stupid and they shouldn't be doing a story about it in the first place.

I think this whole thing is stupid and they shouldn't be doing a story about it in the first place.

Why?

If he was indeed the victim of a hoax, how could a high-profile, smart guy like him be duped for so long?
If it turns out he was complicit in it somehow, that's a huge story.

Either way, it's worth the coverage...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...joke-reports-flat-brawl-212618191--ncaaf.html

We've heard of locker room fights in football before, but have never heard of an all-out brawl among a team.
So there you go. USC did place first in something last season.
USC's season went from massive disappointment to outright debacle after its 21-7 loss to Georgia Tech in the Sun Bowl. The Los Angeles Daily News reported that 10-15 Trojans players got into a fight in the locker room. ESPN.com confirmed the story and said sources called it a "flat-out brawl."
"It was one of the worst things I've seen in a locker room," an unnamed USC player told the Daily News.
The USC story, coming off a season led by coach Lane Kiffin in which it was picked No. 1 in the preseason but finished 7-6, is now officially ridiculous.
Based on both reports, the fight started when younger players questioned the team's seniors on their leadership and effort in the Sun Bowl (USC had effort problems this season? You don't say ... ). ESPN.com said, in particular, a freshman questioned senior quarterback Matt Barkley on why he didn't play. Barkley injured his shoulder in the second-to-last game of the season.

And the dumpster fire at USC continues to burn.

If I were a betting man, I would say there is a very good chance Kiffin is gone after this season. It just doesn't seem like he has a clue whats going on within his own program.

If I were a betting man, I would say there is a very good chance Kiffin is gone after this season. It just doesn't seem like he has a clue whats going on within his own program.

If his bosses have any sense of self preservation he better be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)