Status
Not open for further replies.

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
After a fairly eventful offseason (conference realignment, Penn St, etc) - the games finally start today.

BRING IT ON! :D

I know most won't care, but tonight will be interesting for my team. We rekindle a recently-dormant rivalry with UMass (this will be the 72nd meeting between the schools), and they start their FBS journey today. Go Huskies!

I was thinking they were making the transition. South Alabama is playing their first full schedule as a FBS member this year as well, although their game tonight got postponed until saturday because of the storm.

Ga State does it's transition next year (joining the Sun Belt), be great to have a 3rd 1-A team in the state. Be cool if the 2 teams in Atlanta would play one another.

I wish Ga Southern would do the same (and then UGA wouldn't have to lose it's 1 1-AA game on them).

I think an incomplete pass was ruled wrong, but that could be just blind bias on my part. Shaw earned a little more respect with me. Carolina just doesn't start well. I believe we will see a better team as time goes by. Latimore did have a 100 yard plus game. Not bad for his first game back. We shall see, said the blind man.

Jimbo said:
But, shouldn't they have handled Vanderbilt easily ?

Of course --- conventional wisdom says they should have.

I was just commenting on their ranking, when it was mentioned they might drop after that showing.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

Of course --- conventional wisdom says they should have.

I was just commenting on their ranking, when it was mentioned they might drop after that showing.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys
I would have expected 35-10 or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)