NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
While a lot of you will say "well duh" on this decision of mine,I'm going to skip watching the televised CFL Football game(which a lot of us CFL fans have waited for it to finally show up on TV) to watch the Boise State-Michigan State game. I want to see if Boise State can overcome the loss of Kellen Moore to graduation & both compete with AND defeat Michigan State.

Tonight? ;) I always feel better when your rooting is in conflict with mine. :D.
Yeah got my nights mixed up but yea I like Clemson in this game but while I believe Michigan is a long shot now since they lost a few top guys certainly one of their playmakers from last year in Touss then Bama may have the edge now.

While a lot of you will say "well duh" on this decision of mine,I'm going to skip watching the televised CFL Football game(which a lot of us CFL fans have waited for it to finally show up on TV) to watch the Boise State-Michigan State game. I want to see if Boise State can overcome the loss of Kellen Moore to graduation & both compete with AND defeat Michigan State.

I'm gonna out do you here. I'm skipping both because The Back Yard Bowl is tonight. Jenks vs Tulsa Union at University of Tulsa's Chapman Stadium. The 2 biggest high schools in the state and the biggest game of the year. Union is the 4 time defending state champs and its the longest losing streak Jenks has had to Union. They moved the game up to open the season because Jenks and Union are both participating in the Oklahoma/Texas shootout the next 4 years against some of the big Texas schools.

Osu, you need a sling or vulkano. Do it all at one time. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I have the sling going. Checking in when I can, but the highschool game is a barn burner so I can't keep up with the others. Just checking the scores occasionally.

Jenks busted a 50 yd run for TD and 15 seconds later Union returned the kickoff 87 Yds for a TD to tie it right back up. We're tied at 7 going into the half. Offenses are making big plays but the defenses are coming up with interceptions and fumbles to keep it going back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

dvrexpander said:
Yeah got my nights mixed up but yea I like Clemson in this game but while I believe Michigan is a long shot now since they lost a few top guys certainly one of their playmakers from last year in Touss then Bama may have the edge now.

I agree, with the RB (tousant) suspended which I was not surprised about will make it tougher for the wolverines

To be honest,I'm surprised that the Boise State-Michigan State's score was as close as it was. I also think that if Boise State wants to be taken seriously by coaches/sports writers who come up with the weekly college rankings,they should join the Pac 12. One last thing,Boise State reminds me of the Colorado Buffalos from 1989 to the early 90's. They were a Cinderella team who ended up always losing that one game that would keep them out of consideration for the National Championship.

MSU leaned on there RB and there good defense tonight. 200 yards for the RB tonight

Was hoping Boise would pull it of though :)

The Insider said:
So good news is we dont have to hear about Boise any more this season in regards to a national title.

I don't understand this attitude at all. Look at Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, LSU and others in the SEC who actually go out of conference week 1 and play somebody decent. We as Gator fans should keep our mouths shut, our opening game and the 2nd to last in an absolute embarrassment, at least they had the guts to play each other. Yeah, opening game against Bowling Green, yawn. There is no reason we couldn't schedule a game like the others do. Yeah we play a hard as hell conference schedule, but our OOC is a joke, 1 game against FSU.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

To be honest,I'm surprised that the Boise State-Michigan State's score was as close as it was. I also think that if Boise State wants to be taken seriously by coaches/sports writers who come up with the weekly college rankings,they should join the Pac 12.
They wanted to, the Pac said no, as Boise wasn't a large media market.

Damn I'm so sick of seeing on the news sites and ESPN talking about Penn ST... _ DO NOT CARE!!!! I hope they lose every game this year...my God has it gotten annoying.

I like that it appears Fox has removed a lot of the screen clutter to start the season. No annoying scrolls and popups so far on the game on FX, just a Fox logo and score box in the corner. Hope they keep it up and wish they would do it on FSN and Fox.

I'm probably in the minority, but I hate the running scroll at the bottom of the screen along with the twitter hash tags, network logos and pop ups. I don't why ESPN still frames their logo in the 4x3 area. It never fails it pops up at the wrong time in the middle of the action.

edit: Looks like they have dropped some of the stuff on the FSN game too. Switched over to App St/ECU since the other games were getting out of hand and the screen is pretty free of the clutter too.

edit2: spoke too soon, the silly bottom line popped up on the FSN game

Last edited:
I don't understand this attitude at all. Look at Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, LSU and others in the SEC who actually go out of conference week 1 and play somebody decent. We as Gator fans should keep our mouths shut, our opening game and the 2nd to last in an absolute embarrassment, at least they had the guts to play each other. Yeah, opening game against Bowling Green, yawn. There is no reason we couldn't schedule a game like the others do. Yeah we play a hard as hell conference schedule, but our OOC is a joke, 1 game against FSU.

I'm just glad it's one less in the equation (most likely).

Hart5150 said:

Damn you Hart...that was real good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)