NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also a little surprised that they didn't blow it open with a healthy Lattimore, but then again, vandy usually does play tough in games like this, even if they rarely win.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

http://espn.go.com/college-football...es-andre-parker-wrong-way-run-grabs-attention

Andre Parker's wrong way run didn't count, but it grabbed plenty of attention on the first night of the college football season.
The Kent State linebacker's moment of confusion became an instant Internet sensation when he scooped up a loose ball in the Golden Flashes' 41-21 victory against Towson and ran 58 yards toward the wrong goal line Thursday.
Late in the first half, Kent State punted to Towson's Derrick Joseph, who let the bouncing ball graze his arm.
Parker realized Joseph's mistake, grabbed the ball at the Towson 7 and proceeded to sprint in the wrong direction.

:D:D:D

Games tonight and a full schedule tomorrow. Split screen action on the tv until tomorrow night Michigan/Alabama game!

Wow - South Carolina gets the usual SEC "keep the higher ranked team alive" crap call. Amazing. :rolleyes:

Wow - South Carolina gets the usual SEC "keep the higher ranked team alive" crap call. Amazing. :rolleyes:
yeah as I posted earlier calls like this or plays like this should be reviewable for reasons like this. If you are on the sideline catching a ball can get a review if you stepped out or not then why is it less important than a pass interf call when both can decide the outcome of a game?? The refs are on the field, you have some in a booth that see the same thing we saw on TV yet nothing can be done which IMO is bs. SC should have likely lost that game if one of the refs flagged it like they should have.

Evidently we're going to be wearing golf balls on our heads this Monday.

Yuck!!! Why couldn't Ma Tech skip this stupid gimmikkie trend.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...comb-helmets-then-takes-132411499--ncaaf.html

Georgia Tech could be rocking new honeycomb helmets during its Saturday season opener against Virginia Tech.
honeycombhelmet.jpg

What they should do is bring back the black watch helmets that Pat Swilling & co. wore. Or better yet, just bring back defense.

gt1985c.jpg

dvrexpander said:
yeah as I posted earlier calls like this or plays like this should be reviewable for reasons like this. If you are on the sideline catching a ball can get a review if you stepped out or not then why is it less important than a pass interf call when both can decide the outcome of a game?? The refs are on the field, you have some in a booth that see the same thing we saw on TV yet nothing can be done which IMO is bs. SC should have likely lost that game if one of the refs flagged it like they should have.

Because every single coach will challenge every call that does not go his way and 3 hour games will turn into 5 and 6 hour games.

Because every single coach will challenge every call that does not go his way and 3 hour games will turn into 5 and 6 hour games.
Nobody said anything about the Coaches being able to challenge anything - this would be all based on the refs up stairs watching the TV's - same ones we see. It took only 10 seconds to replay that attempted catch and each one of those calling the game said it was a foul and should have been called. You won't see every single one but these plays that are serious enough to turn the game around in the closing minutes of the game could be reviewed.

Quick take on Bama/Michigan:

the Wolverines have nothing to lose and everything to gain. All the pressure is on Alabama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)