NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke Johnson, who was the #2 best running back recruit in the country, sure as hell played like it. The true frosh rushed for 135 yards on 7 carries with 2 spectacular runs of 54 and 56 yards for TDs for The U. He is gonna be fun to watch!

I'm wondering if next week, Florida St will put up more than the 84 points my Pokes did against Savannah State. This was a crappy way to start the season. The starters including our freshman QB only played the first 4 series and came out before the 1st quarter was over. We played 94 different players last night. I don't think it helped us and I don't think the $385k Savannah St got was worth the mental/physical a$$ whipping they got.

osu1991 said:
I'm wondering if next week, Florida St will put up more than the 84 points my Pokes did against Savannah State. This was a crappy way to start the season. The starters including our freshman QB only played the first 4 series and came out before the 1st quarter was over. We played 94 different players last night. I don't think it helped us and I don't think the $385k Savannah St got was worth the mental/physical a$$ whipping they got.

I'm not just picking on your team or FSU because my team has done it, too. But I wish the top 1's wouldn't play bad 1AA's. I think it proves nothing and it's just a cash grab by the other team to lead them to the slaughter, most of the time.

I totally agree with you as do many of the OSU faithful. We got caught in the realignment scheduling problem this season or it would have been someone a little tougher, but our coach and AD are of the opinion that they want an easy schedule leading into conference play now. Not sure but I think Savannah State is replacement for West Virginia backing out of playing Fla St once they were indeed free to enter the Big 12 and had to make room for the 9 game conference schedule.

I'm not just picking on your team or FSU because my team has done it, too. But I wish the top 1's wouldn't play bad 1AA's. I think it proves nothing and it's just a cash grab by the other team to lead them to the slaughter, most of the time.
Normally I'd agree, but here in Ga, whenever UGA plays GSU, it's a very popular game. And as the Hokies and Wolverines know, sometimes the 1-AA does win.

Forgot va tech had that 07,08,09,10 losing streak against big teams to start the season. And one in there against James Madison. Will they pull this one out?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

What is this BS rule the NCAA came up with about losing your helmet you can't play the next play ?

It's one thing if you took it off yourself drawing attention to yourself, but I've seen at least twice this weekend players having to come off for Non attention grabbing things.

The GT guy was tackled laying on the field waiting to get up and it came off and off he went, couldn't play, they said if your helmet gets ripped off by the opponent, your OK.

too many players were leaving the chinstrap too loose on not even hooked up, so the NCAA made the rule in order to make them keep it tight.

Alas, another overtime loss. At least we did better than I thought our awful defense would do. And Tevon throwing that interception at the end was a rookee mistake not something a multi-year starter should do.

too many players were leaving the chinstrap too loose on not even hooked up, so the NCAA made the rule in order to make them keep it tight.

Oh, I agree and they should be made to strap them tightly, but it looks like the intent of the rule was to keep players from showing off and THIS is not what it meant.

I hope Kentucky loses every game this year so they can fire the joker of a coach.

Alas, another overtime loss. At least we did better than I thought our awful defense would do. And Tevon throwing that interception at the end was a rookee mistake not something a multi-year starter should do.
awesome game dude- GT had a damn good defense from what I saw, both teams did! I was there - front row seats to every VT score and then some. Washington had an open guy right in front of me but he was across field and was on his way down when he saw it so he tried to throw the ball away but yep that was game right there! Man, still fired up from that game!!! Disappointed though in the stadium at the end when they tied the game they didn't play Sandman, had they done that it seems people would have gone nuts in that stadium like the Miami game last year!

What is this BS rule the NCAA came up with about losing your helmet you can't play the next play ? It's one thing if you took it off yourself drawing attention to yourself, but I've seen at least twice this weekend players having to come off for Non attention grabbing things. The GT guy was tackled laying on the field waiting to get up and it came off and off he went, couldn't play, they said if your helmet gets ripped off by the opponent, your OK.
Washington's helmet just fell off while under the pile - I could see him pretty good from my seat and it just came off. What was dumb that it seemed that Johnson looked like he was arguing about it to the refs after they finally pushed him off the field but rules are rules - keep the helmet on.

Some Aggie fans have big brass ones, Ill give them that. The school is not so amused however.

Gator fans driving in the Northeast section of town may have gotten a rude awakening when they saw a new billboard this morning at the intersection of 13th Street and 53rd Avenue.
You've been annexed by Aggie Nation
The Best Academics & Cleanest Program in the SEC. WHOOP!
Oh, and then this spike of the ball.
Real Football. Real Tradition.
React how you'd like...just don't blame Texas A&M, they're not responsible and are taking appropriate actions into investigating the use of their institutional trademarks.

53877941395356531857589.jpg

Bama jumps to the top spot.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

AP Top 25
RKTEAMRECORDPTS
1Alabama (45)1-01481
2USC (11)1-01435
3LSU (4)1-01382
4Oregon1-01295
5Oklahoma1-01170
6Florida State1-01135
7Georgia1-01083
8Arkansas1-0992
9South Carolina1-0980
9West Virginia1-0980
11Michigan State1-0915
12Clemson1-0788
13Wisconsin1-0664
14Ohio State1-0634
15Virginia Tech1-0604
16Nebraska1-0603
17Texas1-0584
18Oklahoma State1-0558
19Michigan0-1446
20TCU0-0355
21Kansas State1-0339
22Notre Dame1-0198
23Louisville1-0190
24Florida1-0145
25Stanford1-0131

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)