NCAA Football 2012 Pre-Season chat

I think OSU picking up Urban Meyer is probably the biggest change for next season as far as making a impact on a team. Hes a class act and really helps in the recruiting.

HD MM said:
I like the way you guys think! Definitely exciting times again in C-Bus! I told ya'll you can't keep the Buckeyes down for long!

I wonder what this will do for business as far as KY and WV moonshiners are concerned? :D

The Insider said:
?Anyone know much about Brent Pease? Is this a good pick up for FLA I really do not know him.

Florida and bama both wanted him. IMO that speaks volumes by itself.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

msmith198025 said:
Florida and bama both wanted him. IMO that speaks volumes by itself.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Its a copy cat league like the NFL. If SOMEBODY in your conference likes him, and that somebody is one of your biggest rivals, then we better like him too. LOL!

Interesting how well the 2 schools that had the most contoversy due to scandal... have done very well in recruiting. Miami is ranked 6th and Ohio State 5th. Miami is a little more impressive because they did not hit the coaching "lottery" like Ohio State did according to the "experts".

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com 2012 Team Recruiting Rankings

And speaking to The U, they did some interesting and well thought out changes to rules regarding student-athletes and booster.

The school’s athletic department compliance office on Monday emailed its biannual newsletter to boosters, and in it was a headline that read: Change in Occasional Meal Policy. Underneath, it said: “Effective immediately, boosters are no longer permitted to entertain student-athletes with an occasional meal and boosters are prohibited from hosting current University of Miami student-athletes in their homes or other locations.’’

It goes on to explain that UM boosters should not provide any type of food, drink, transportation or other extra benefit to student-athletes. Among the items listed as “extra benefits” are discounts, credit, transportation (car or ride), tickets, cash and clothing.
The new UM rule is stricter than the NCAA rule, which allows athletes to receive “an occasional meal from a representative of athletics interests on infrequent and special occasions.” In the past, UM boosters were allowed to host athletes for occasional meals so long as they called the compliance office to clear it first.

Read more here: Miami Hurricanes alert boosters about stern new policy - UM - MiamiHerald.com

hmmm Looks like UNC didn't make the top 50 in recruiting.:eek: Looks like Larry Fedora has some work to do.It would be so nice to see UNC actually have a shot at an ACC title in football for a change!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)