NCAA Football 2012 Pre-Season chat

Yes. Really. It said it in the link. ;)

Not that uncommon these days (going only off guys I know that are recruited). Not saying they all get 105 letters, but multiple ones, yep.

msmith198025 said:
Yes. Really. It said it in the link. ;)

Not that uncommon these days (going only off guys I know that are recruited). Not saying they all get 105 letters, but multiple ones, yep.

Multiple is one thing....105??!!

Nah, not really.
Its a surprising number for sure, but I dont think the player minded, sure didnt seem to from any stories ive read about it.

Never heard of a school sending out that many at one time, but that doesnt mean it hasnt happened before, just has not been reported. I will bet it becomes more common after the press this has gotten.
In any case it gets the point across. Which is, WE WANT YOU TO PLAY FOR US!
I think he got the message :)

Nah, not really.
Its a surprising number for sure, but I dont think the player minded, sure didnt seem to from any stories ive read about it.

Never heard of a school sending out that many at one time, but that doesnt mean it hasnt happened before, just has not been reported. I will bet it becomes more common after the press this has gotten.
In any case it gets the point across. Which is, WE WANT YOU TO PLAY FOR US!
I think he got the message :)

Hopefully for you guys, it didn't turn him OFF of you guys with a response like that.

I doubt that they were all sent at the same time, probably over a period of time, I hope.
Feeling bad for the postman :(

So, ya got what, 10 coaches and they all sent 10 things to him ?

I got the impression that they all came on a single day.

Four-star junior tailback Alvin Kamara of Norcross, Ga., couldn't believe what he found in his mailbox after getting home from school one recent day.

Alot can happen between now and his signing day, but I bet he will remember this over most any other recruiting push (good or bad), that was the point, and he got it.

And while he says hasn't read them all - there were simply too many of them - he thinks he already knows the meaning behind the Tide's mass mailing.
"It's because they want me," Kamara said.
It didnt seem to turn him off of them, and honestly, probably did him more good than it did bad. I did not know who he was before this came out (nor did most people I would wager). I do now. Of course if he busts in his senior season.....lol

If it makes a difference or not in his decision remains to be seen.

In any case, it is a unique, and creative recruiting tactic.

I got the impression that they all came on a single day.

Alot can happen between now and his signing day, but I bet he will remember this over most any other recruiting push (good or bad), that was the point, and he got it.

It didnt seem to turn him off of them, and honestly, probably did him more good than it did bad. I did not know who he was before this came out (nor did most people I would wager). I do now. Of course if he busts in his senior season.....lol

If it makes a difference or not in his decision remains to be seen.

In any case, it is a unique, and creative recruiting tactic.

Oh, thats right, he's only a going to be a SR.

Probably find a nice GF and go to college where she's at !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)