NCAA Football 2012 Pre-Season chat

13 years???? Seriously, that was the plea deal they offered him??? That's just outrageous. I was thinking community service.......!
Community service and maybe banned from the Auburn campus for life. Maybe a week in the county jail, plus a fine.

Damn pre-season chat already?? Well my Hokies should be ripe for another good year coming up if they can replace Wilson quickly which will be hard to do but I project Logan Thomas to be at the top of the Heisman talks. I predict they will pre-season ranking around 17th.

Rumors going around this morning on radio that West Virgina and Big East have a verbal agreement for a $24 million exit fee minus money Big East owes WVU for football and basketball appearances. Nothing officially announced though.

Mack Brown at Texas got a contract extension until 2020 @$5 million plus per year. For what, going 12-13 over the last two years? At Texas? More than Nick Saban, more than Urban Meyer. Boggles the mind.

Report: Jim Tressel to Take Job With the University of Akron!

WEWS Sports Director and Mid-Day radio host Andy Baskin is reporting tonight that Jim Tressel will be accepting an administrative position with the University of Akron. Adam Schefter tweeted on Sunday that Tressel was considering taking an administrative job at a university. Mark Bishop and Kenny Roda also tweet that a 10am press conference will be held tomorrow in Akron to announce the hire. Stay tuned.

Breaking: After years as the head football coach at Youngstown State University and The Ohio State University, Jim Tressel was named VP of Strategic Engagement at the University of Akron.

The official announcement was made during a 10AM news conference on Wednesday morning.

What the heck is that?

Is it football related?

As the press conference dwindles down, it looks like his role will be as a fundraiser and focusing on student success. His immediate task will be to help raise money for a new Basketball arena in Akron.

He'll be compensated an annual salary of $200,000. Said he had no interest in coaching in the NFL and that coaching football is probably out of his blood.

How many have said something similar, and still find their way back.....

i thought the same. then i remembered ex NFL coaches like cowher and gruden who many thought they'd be back. then again their current jobs has something to do with not coming back as well....

When does his "ban" end? In 5 years?

From Wiki:

The NCAA imposed a five-year show-cause penalty on Tressel, which means any NCAA member that wants to hire him would have to "show cause" for why it shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him, and could face severe penalties if he commits any further violations during that time. The order stands until December 19, 2016--effectively blackballing Tressel from the coaching ranks until the 2017 season. If Tressel ever coaches again during this period, he will be suspended for the first five games of the regular season, plus any conference championship game or bowl game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)