NCAA Football 2014 season

Sure, but several talking heads had A&M as the #1 team last week.

Oct and Nov are gonna be crazy when it comes to wins and losses now that every conference is in conference play.
Hell they might be. The resume is as good as anyone else at this point.

Obviously it can all change, but going to now they have as good an argument as any top team. Better than most.

Reactions: mccoyrj
I think A&M is about like FSU, good offense (with less experience) and a suspect defense. I agree that Bama and OU are probably the top two right now.

Their D is probably better than ours LOL.

Too many injuries and too many young guys. We did get to play a bunch of freshman, so hopefully then can get some experience. The freshmen on O and D actually made great plays tonight, compared to the starters. Not sure if they will get the experience before that catches up to FSU.

Luckily we have Wake and Syracuse before Notre Dame. More practice time. FSU was lucky last year with no real injuries, lot so far this year. At least the O can score, even though we look like we should be in the Big 12 all of a sudden LOL.

We lost 4 of the last 5 at NC St, so I will take this win however we can get it. Rough stadium for us.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Not really, but keep your SEC glasses on.

Bama and OK are probably the two best teams.
Agree about Bama and Oklahoma probably but me including A&M has nothing to do with sec glasses.

Hard to exclude them from any rational argument at this point in the season.

Call it conference homerism if you have to.

You have a lot of teams struggling against unranked teams, including A&M. A&M's big win was against USCe, who still isnt showing much (UGA always craps the bed) and they are fixing to lose to an unranked Mizzou.

The problem with A&M is the media jumped on their bandwagon after week one, when they throttled an overranked USCe. Polls should not even be put out until week 5 or 6.

I just heard the announcers getting on FSU and A&M for their opponents this week, and how with the committee coming they should not be scheduling these opponents. One question for them, how the hell are you supposed to do anything about CONFERENCE games? It isnt your fault your conference opponents are unranked. Now Aubie and La Tech is BS.

If polls shouldn't be out until week 5 or 6 , how can you get on teams for struggling against unranked opponents till now?

Thats the point. A&M, #6, barely beats unranked Arkansas. USCe gets stomped by A&M, beats a highly ranked UGA (espn's national champ), and then craps the bed against Mizzou. How do you know what is what?

You make the statement that A&M has the best resume. Um ok, why? Because they beat a couple of SEC teams who arent doing well?

And then you have Ole Miss ranked 10. JOKE. But after the win, it'll be how Bama stomped the #10 team in the country. Yeah right.

And that same argument can be made about anyone's resume.

I said to this point you can't exclude them from any rational argument about being the best.

At some point you have to use some sort of criteria.

On what most use they have a good argument until right now.

Of course their resume just took a hit, or did it? We still don't know.

Missouri won, and usc lost, but A&M is still undefeated.

And another sec team likely just rejoined the top 25 :D.

Although I honestly don't think the cocks should be there

Still way too early for me to think who are the contenders and pretenders.
I remember a few years back West Va. was supposedly unbeatable and then came November.
Funny how times are a changing.
A really good defense can be lit up on any given weekend.

FSU hasn't looked good all season yet they dont drop from #1? Someone please explain how FSU can even be ranked in the top 5? They got 41 hung on them from an unranked team and had to come from 21 down to win. I seem to recall some other come from behind wins as well against nobodys. Yet Bama trounces a couple nobodys and drops to 3? WTF?

NFL Wild Card Picks

The U...Part 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)