NCAA Football 2014 season

It's the west coast mentality that Oregon has, score a bunch of points while sacrificing any and all pretense of defense. Works okay until you play a team that actually has a defense.

A couple of years ago the Ducks were also close to an Elite team, they are not the same team without Kelly.

Now worries for OSU Jimbo, Ducks lose 3 this year.
Unfortunately, those losses won't help my Bucks much, I seriously doubt if they make the top 8 by the end of the year if they win out .

Did they expand the Bowls again ?
Did they Add another MAJOR Bowl this year, it use to be that the Top 8 usually got the Big Bowl games, is it up to 10 now ?

Gotta love how you continue to reference VPI when everyone knows em by Virginia Tech or VT...
Everyone except their own fight song ;)

But it's used by Techies for the same reason we call Clemson Clempson, or Auburn Cow Tech or Aubarn. To have fun with the fans.
Goergia fans do the same with us, by calling us GTI or the North Ave Trade School.

Reactions: Mike0616
What ?
That was the Big 12 motto ...
True, but the Pac 10 started it, the Big 10 just embrased it. Unfortunately the SEC of late has been doing the same.

Oklahoma finally started practicing defense, and it really showed against Bama last year.

The Big Ten tends to balance offense and defense, and it really showed in the years when tehy were on top. Michigan practically owned Florida by doing that. Eventually they will back up again.

True, but the Pac 10 started it, the Big 10 just embrased it. Unfortunately the SEC of late has been doing the same.

Oklahoma finally started practicing defense, and it really showed against Bama last year.

The Big Ten tends to balance offense and defense, and it really showed in the years when tehy were on top. Michigan practically owned Florida by doing that. Eventually they will back up again.
I think next year the Buckeyes D should be very good, they will still be young, most anyways and have a year of experience.
I still wish we had the type of D that Michigan State can play.

That Oklahoma defense got shredded for over 500 yards and 31 points.
Times have changed where defense are asked to slow down and not stop anymore. Make a big play a few times a game. Offenses these days make a lot more plays than defenses.
I don't see this trend changing anytime soon.

Bama and Ole Miss come into the game today with highly rated defenses. I predict one or both won't look as highly rated when the final whistle blows. Times are a changing.
Get use to it.

Little hard to make that claim.

Ole Miss hasnt played anyone.

The one aggressive passing offensive Bama played gave em fits (Sooners too). We will see today...

I still think Bo Wallace is the Tajh Boyd of Ole Miss and won't win the big ones.

I agree.
Boyd may not have one the big one but at least he didn't get you beat like Wallace does. He will throw a pick or fumble in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I think the larger concern for Bama today is how much has Ole Miss spent scheming for them since the summer! Same thing happened to FSU and NC State. NC State ran a ton of stuff FSU had never seen in the first qtr, threw the book at us. If you can survive the onslaught, if there is one, you end up OK.

Just make sure Auburn beats LSU today!

That Oklahoma defense got shredded for over 500 yards and 31 points.
Times have changed where defense are asked to slow down and not stop anymore. Make a big play a few times a game. Offenses these days make a lot more plays than defenses.
I don't see this trend changing anytime soon.
Well, seeing ALL the rules have been changed to help the Offenses, I can see why ... that said, the D is out there to STOP the other team, particularly in a close game.

I'd like to play that game in 2 weeks ... now that the Bucks QB has a clue playing College football, also the O line that also only had played 1 game together has started to gell.

Can we do that ?

Didn't think so.

Thats why I hate the very early Big Games, someone has to lose and that team is usually done, unless of course your an sec team.

Well a game is a game, VT played Boise St a few years ago and got beat. Yes it was a bad call that really hurt VT in the end but you can't do nothing about it. They turned around and let JMU beat them at home which at that point 0-2 everyone thought VT was done but they weren't they ended up winning every game up to the Orange Bowl. So VT does what VT does all us fans are used to it but that wasn't the opening game VT and OSU played it was the 2nd game so I think both teams had a fair chance at being ready.

Now you wait till next year.... OSU comes to Blacksburg on Labor day night of all times to play a game talk about hyped up much. Also I think I mentioned this before but talks are in the works about Metallica playing for VT's rush onto the field LIVE and then a half time show from Metallica. You won't find tickets for that game less than $500 most likely and talk about a fired up crowd... man gives me goose bumps thinking about it.

I'm pulling hard for Ole Miss today, also for Auburn, Miami Fl and of course VT. I'm on the fence about the UVA vs Pitt game on who to pull for in that one but I may lean more towards UVA to win so Pitt is seen to be going down hill before VT faces them in two weeks.

Gameday is always comical.

SEC Def Coordinators are scared of Bama's "new" offense. Best part was Bama fans were so scared of Kiffin, dude is a good OC and per Saban's words, he has finally implemented a true pro style offense and what Saban has been wanting. "New", not really, previous Bama OC's just were not as good.

I prefer pro style, you can take that spread, wildcat and other nonsense and keep it.

Right Desmond, it is the ref's fault for not noticing Michigan's Qb had a concussion... Cmon man, that is the last thing I want refs getting involved in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)