NCAA Football 2014 season

1. Mississippi State 2. Florida State 3. Auburn 4. Oregon 5. Alabama 6. TCU 7. Kansas State 8. Michigan State 9. Arizona State 10. Notre Dame 11. Mississippi 12. Baylor 13. Nebraska 14. Ohio State 15. Oklahoma 16. LSU 17. Utah 18. UCLA 19. Arizona 20. Georgia 21. Clemson 22. Duke 23. West Virginia 24. Georgia Tech 25. Wisconsin

Curious. Does anyone think that this selection process for the playoff is better than the bcs criteria? If so, why?

It seems to me that as far as selection and placement we have taken a step back.

Curious. Does anyone think that this selection process for the playoff is better than the bcs criteria? If so, why?

It seems to me that as far as selection and placement we have taken a step back.
It may have been better to keep the ranking criteria the way it was in the BCS and just add two extra teams for a playoff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronnie-
I think win you look at win loss and quality of wins, the rankings are just fine, for the most part. There is no need in worrying about the current results anyways, because by the end of the year things are always more clear.

I agree with the top 4, and that is all that matters when it comes to a playoff.

I think Ole Miss being right in the middle of one loss teams is ridiculous, that team is not that good and Bama should have beaten them for another loss.

Oh I'm not worried about the current rankings any more than I'd be worried about early bcs ratings.
I'm just curious if anyone thinks having one smaller poll made up of fewer members is better than taking an average (of sorts) from two different polls and a group of computer formulated rankings.

I prefer the committee, simply because I think the AP and Coaches have agenda's, and I like the voting process the committee has to follow.

I don't dispute the BCS got it right most of the time, but I prefer a small group of intelligent individuals that have to follow a good protocol and remove themselves from being able to influence "their" team.

The bigger issue to me is it should have been 7 or 8 from the get go, because I think it ends up there since you have 5 "power" conferences to begin with.

Could be a fun night in Florida next Saturday.

I expect it to be close at halftime and FSU pull away in the 4th. BUT, if Miami establishes the run game... Miami WILL win the game. More than likely, the fan base will be 50-50. ALOT of alum from FSU and UF down here.

I will TRY to get there early to do some tailgating...but going to be since I coach my son's basketball team. I will crossing my fingers.

I'm just glad we are almost back at 100% with the LB core for UM, unless we get injuries vs UVA. Being down to 2 scholly LB's for Dyer and UL was scary, but the team bucked up in the 2nd half and slowed him down.

NO. Now you have opened up the selection to untold kinds of corruption. And BTW, if strength of opponent is so important then why doesnt FSU drop a spot every week? Dont they play the ACC teams? So now we potentially have Condelezza Rice and an old Ole Miss rebel homer voting for the playoff contenders (I know hes sick this year) ? Why the he!! didnt we leave the BCS computer polls, the AP etc in place and take the top 4 teams in the final rankings to a playoff? At least it was logical and any human favoritisim would have to be widespread in the polls.

Reactions: Mike0616
Our SOS played up to this point is higher than many teams, a lot of teams (Bama) get credit for teams they have yet to play (their only signature win is Wv and lost to Ole Miss). As far as the top 10 teams in playoff rankings, our S0S according to Sagarin is #7 out of those 10. So, get your facts right and stop showing ignorance, or trolling, or whatever it is you are up to these days.

I expect it to be close at halftime and FSU pull away in the 4th. BUT, if Miami establishes the run game... Miami WILL win the game. More than likely, the fan base will be 50-50. ALOT of alum from FSU and UF down here.

I will TRY to get there early to do some tailgating...but going to be since I coach my son's basketball team. I will crossing my fingers.
Good luck and have Fun !

Reactions: salsadancer7
Our SOS played up to this point is higher than many teams, a lot of teams (Bama) get credit for teams they have yet to play (their only signature win is Wv and lost to Ole Miss). As far as the top 10 teams in playoff rankings, our S0S according to Sagarin is #7 out of those 10. So, get your facts right and stop showing ignorance, or trolling, or whatever it is you are up to these days.

Their SOS has everything to do with 1 game, which was Notre Dame. Let's face it, the ACC this years is really bad. Last year, the ACC was much stronger than this year. There is no power house conference anymore because of all the moving. The SEC has MAYBE 3 strong teams('Bama, Miss. State and maybe Auburn)..the rest are middle of the pack. The Big 10, same thing...just 3(MSU, OSU and Nebraska).

Their SOS has everything to do with 1 game, which was Notre Dame. Let's face it, the ACC this years is really bad. Last year, the ACC was much stronger than this year. There is no power house conference anymore because of all the moving. The SEC has MAYBE 3 strong teams('Bama, Miss. State and maybe Auburn)..the rest are middle of the pack. The Big 10, same thing...just 3(MSU, OSU and Nebraska).
You've just described the typical conference each year ... each conference usually has 1-3 good teams while the rest not as good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts