NCAA Football 2014 season

As a fan of Georgia as well, I fully understand underperformance.

Either way, they still lost. And the loss wasn't due to lack of motivation, it was that they were outcoached and outplayed. It's part of the reason Saban tried to ban hurry up offenses, because he's always had a hard time defending against them.

Either way, that excuse is as pathetic as excuses several years ago of playing in warmer weather.
You couldn't be more wrong. I predicted they would lose for that very reason. The lack of anything to play for was the reason for the Loss and it happens often with Bama. It's not an excuse either. It's the reason they didn't perform. With NFL bound seniors and being in the title game so frequently I think many saw it coming. The fact is that it is extremely rare for Bama to be outplayed and out coached if there is something on the line. But believe what you want. In Bama it's about championships. Nothing else matters. Other conferences simply don't understand that. I laugh when a team like tech makes a big deal about going to a bowl game. BFD.

You couldn't be more wrong. I predicted they would lose for that very reason. The lack of anything to play for was the reason for the Loss and it happens often with Bama. It's not an excuse either. It's the reason they didn't perform. With NFL bound seniors and being in the title game so frequently I think many saw it coming. The fact is that it is extremely rare for Bama to be outplayed and out coached if there is something on the line. But believe what you want. In Bama it's about championships. Nothing else matters. Other conferences simply don't understand that. I laugh when a team like tech makes a big deal about going to a bowl game. BFD.

Didn't know Harvey Updyke was a member of Satguys.:)
Welcome Harvey!

Reactions: mccoyrj
You keep telling yourself that ... :eeek

Screenshot

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416356665428.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1416356665428.png
    146.4 KB · Views: 73
It's a shame the committee rewarded miss st for not playing to win at the end of the Bama game. They played not to fall out of the top 4 and it was obvious to me. Look at the play calling. Lots of runs and few passes trying to score. They just chose to accept the clock eating gimmes that Bama would give them. And I do recall Bama losing to a very good team and falling to about#7? Yet state goes to number 4.

You keep thinking about what might have been if you had not gotten rolled at home by an inferior VATech team.
Not at all ...

You just keep pushing Bama like thier the prefect team ... they are no better than the rest .

Your arrogance is amazing, thinking that, if Bama doesn't win, it's because they wern't interested.

Sadly, after my Buckeyes, I have always followed Bama, A very good friend of mine (rest his soul) was a BIG Bama fan from way back ... mid 70's so I have also watched plenty of Bama ... that and I may be the only one that REALLY does like Saban ... he's a hell of a coach, was up here in Big Ten country long before Bama.

It's a shame the committee rewarded miss st for not playing to win at the end of the Bama game. They played not to fall out of the top 4 and it was obvious to me. Look at the play calling. Lots of runs and few passes trying to score. They just chose to accept the clock eating gimmes that Bama would give them. And I do recall Bama losing to a very good team and falling to about#7? Yet state goes to number 4.
I thought M State should have dropped farther as well.
When Bama lost and dropped, they figured that they had plenty of time to move back up, they figure M State doesn't have that much time to get 2 sec teams in.

Remember, Ohio State was in the top 5 I believe before Va Tech and dropped to like 22/24 ... not THATS Disrespect.

Not at all ...

You just keep pushing Bama like thier the prefect team ... they are no better than the rest .

Your arrogance is amazing, thinking that, if Bama doesn't win, it's because they wern't interested.

Sadly, after my Buckeyes, I have always followed Bama, A very good friend of mine (rest his soul) was a BIG Bama fan from way back ... mid 70's so I have also watched plenty of Bama ... that and I may be the only one that REALLY does like Saban ... he's a hell of a coach, was up here in Big Ten country long before Bama.
when Bama doesn't win its not usually because they aren't interested. And I never said Bama was a perfect team. A perfect team would stay focused playing in a nothing bowl even after taking 2 national championship rings off their fingers in the locker room before the nothing game standing between them and the NFL draft.

I thought M State should have dropped farther as well.
When Bama lost and dropped, they figured that they had plenty of time to move back up, they figure M State doesn't have that much time to get 2 sec teams in.

Remember, Ohio State was in the top 5 I believe before Va Tech and dropped to like 22/24 ... not THATS Disrespect.
No that's the difference between getting beat by Tech AT HOME by a couple touchdowns and losing on the road to a good team by a couple points.

Reactions: Mike0616
when Bama doesn't win its not usually because they aren't interested. And I never said Bama was a perfect team. A perfect team would stay focused playing in a nothing bowl even after taking 2 national championship rings off their fingers in the locker room before the nothing game standing between them and the NFL draft.
Sounds like they seriously lack FOCUS .... if they can go out and lose a game because they think the competition isn't good enough.

No that's the difference between getting beat by Tech AT HOME by a couple touchdowns and losing on the road to a good team by a couple points.
You keep pushing the point that the Bucks got beat ... get over it, it happened ...
You also keep pointing out that they lost players to the NFL, well so did the Bucks, your not the only one that graduates to the NFL.
It was game 2 for a FRESHMAN QB and an O Line that had never played together ...

Personally, if you had asked me what I expected of the Buckeyes this season, I would have figured on 2-3 losses under these circumstances.

Sounds like they seriously lack FOCUS .... if they can go out and lose a game because they think the competition isn't good enough.
Wrong again. It wasn't about the competition it was about not being a championship game. When you are sitting there with championship rings on your fingers and an NFL contract around the corner playing in the who cares bowl is hard to get up for. You refuse to acknowledge that.

They certainly did and as good as our coaching staff is, I lay that squarely at their feet. IMO it is unacceptable.

You keep pushing the point that the Bucks got beat ... get over it, it happened ...
You also keep pointing out that they lost players to the NFL, well so did the Bucks, your not the only one that graduates to the NFL.
It was game 2 for a FRESHMAN QB and an O Line that had never played together ...

Personally, if you had asked me what I expected of the Buckeyes this season, I would have figured on 2-3 losses under these circumstances.
You were the one complaining about getting disrespected by falling to number 22 not me. I was just explaining why to you. If Bama got beat by some nobody at home from the weakest conf in football I would fully expect to be dropped like a rock. but hat simply will not happen, not on this planet.

Wrong again. It wasn't about the competition it was about not being a championship game. When you are sitting there with championship rings on your fingers and an NFL contract around the corner playing in the who cares bowl is hard to get up for. You refuse to acknowledge that.
No, I refuse to acknowledge that it is ACCEPTABLE.

Sounds like a team of Me Me Me guys IF thats the case.
They could care less about the underclassmen that are playing thier asses off to get to that Big Game.

Very selfish if thats the case.

You were the one complaining about getting disrespected by falling to number 22 not me. I was just explaining why to you. If Bama got beat by some nobody at home from the weakest conf in football I would fully expect to be dropped like a rock. but hat simply will not happen, not on this planet.
If Bama would play outside of thier little 5 state area it MIGHT happen.

If Bama played Va Tech and lost in this game instead of OSU, they would have dropped to about 8.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)