NCAA Football 2014 season

'06, Michigan and Ohio State were the 2 best teams ... we all know, the sec cried and #3 Florida got it, that shouldn't have happened.

What did Michigan do in thier bowl game that year ?

No they weren't. OSU got bitch slapped by Florida 41-14. So exactly how were they the best team.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Ronnie-
Sexual assault (battery) investigation filed yesterday about an incident at Treon's dorm on Saturday night between 2:30-3:30 A.M.

WUFT News @WUFTNews · 7m 7 minutes ago
Source: UFPD investigating #Gators QB Treon Harris for incident involving female UF student. No charges have been filed.
Treon Harris suspended indefinitely. Looks like that daunting LSU defense will be facing the mighty Driskel in a battle to see which makes the other look better. I'll be pulling for Driskel in that contest.
;)

http://espn.go.com/college-football...da-gators-suspended-indefinitely-legal-matter

A source close to the situation has confirmed that this does not involve the future of Will Muschamp. Stay tuned for details. #Gators

— David Jones (@DaveJonesUFbeat) October 6, 2014

Someone posted that Treon was ineligible to play, but of course he played. That could all be BS, Im still watching. You also have the Joker Phillips stuff too.

How could he be ineligible, when incident took place late Saturday night early Sunday morning?

Reactions: mccoyrj
How could he be ineligible, when incident took place late Saturday night early Sunday morning?

It was posted in order of when it came out. Obviously someone ran with ineligible before it was confirmed that there was an allegation by a female, AFTER the game.

No they weren't. OSU got bitch slapped by Florida 41-14. So exactly how were they the best team.
As the only undefeated team at the time, Ohio St. should have been there.

As for the 1 loss team to face them. Florida had as good an argument as Michigan, and actually slightly better as their loss wasn't to Ohio St. in the previous game (ergo, no argument about who could win between Ohio St and Michigan). USCw showed pretty well (32-18) how Michigan wasn't supposed to be there over Florida.

Ohio St. wanted Michigan in a rematch because they had just beat them and knew they could do it again. There was no such certainty with Florida, and as we saw, there was a very good reason for that.

There's a long lengthy thread here about who should have been there and results of the matchups.

Reactions: Ronnie-
On Treon, looks like a he said she said, and not a sexual assault either. That is from a high school scout who is reliable in info, and a Noles fan. Hopefully that is true, been enough of this lately.

I doubt any charges are filed.

As the only undefeated team at the time, Ohio St. should have been there.

As for the 1 loss team to face them. Florida had as good an argument as Michigan, and actually slightly better as their loss wasn't to Ohio St. in the previous game (ergo, no argument about who could win between Ohio St and Michigan). USCw showed pretty well (32-18) how Michigan wasn't supposed to be there over Florida.

Ohio St. wanted Michigan in a rematch because they had just beat them and knew they could do it again. There was no such certainty with Florida, and as we saw, there was a very good reason for that.

There's a long lengthy thread here about who should have been there and results of the matchups.

I agree with you, I was just responding to the statement that they were the "best" teams. Ohio State was deserving, but no where close to the best. Neither was Michigan.

Not good for FLA, I hope this is not true but if it is I hope the university acts swiftly. They already have done more then the Criminoles did with Winston so Kudos to them on that.

Reactions: Mike0616
Dont speak if you dont have clue. The "accuser" called TPD the day after (12/7), but couldn't say who did it or remember details (yet her toxicology was clean). Jan 10 later she sees JW in a class allegedly and he just happened to be the bad guy. They start looking into it and then stop because the girl refuses to cooperate (does not show for Jan 11 interview. After no cooperation the investigation is turned inactive in Feb, because they got no more out of the girl.

It was amazingly brought back up right after he becomes frontrunner for the Heisman (Nov 12).

Don't hate because your team is a dumpster fire. If you want to talk about a team putting their head in the sand, lets discuss Hernandez.

It amazes me how easily people show ignorance and lack of knowledge for a topic on forums.

How'd those bowls work out?

I certainly agree there was an argument for them to repeat in the title game (mich vs osu) but there was also an argument where they shouldnt. It seems the argument was valid after the Gators manhandled OSU. Mich also lost if I remember correctly.

FLA had the same thing happen to us in 96, we lost to FSU then won the SEC and wound up getting the chance to play for the title again vs FSU and won. So I understand the arugment, and had FLA lost to FSU in 96 I would have said we certainly shouldnt have been there.. But we won and proved we were worthy. The same for LSU vs Alabama.

The Big 10 is seen as bad because other than Mich St and OSU there is no one else on the national stage. Heck just the other year Notre Dame ran wild through the Big 10, beating all those big 10 teams brought notre dame to the title game, only to get destroyed by Alabama.

This year is no exception for the Big 10. Your powers all lost and aside from Mich St, lost to teams they shouldnt not have lost to. OSU lost to a middle of the rd ACC Team (yes the ACC) Mich St lost to a good Oregon team, Lost pretty bad we might add. Then you have Northwestern leading your West division right now, with 2 losses, To California and N Illinois.. Really.. Nerbraska should take the top spot in the West this weekend, but they havent proved themselves against anyone, although it was a solid win against the canes who are not doing very well..

The big 10 didnt get any help this year. You needed Oregon to stay undefeated, VTech to be dominate in the ACC and Miami to be a strong contender as well. Unfortuntely Miami and Vtech are sucking hard, and Oregon just laid its annual egg.
Hmmm, I seem to remember the series that ND ended with OSU , why ? Because the Buckeyes beat them, they also lost to them in the one bowl game match up they had, soundly.

Your right, the BT only has a few Top teams most years, the last few it's been Ohio State and Michigan State .... other conferences are the same way. the sec happens to usually have 3 top teams where others have 2 usually, but No conference has the whole conference like some would like to believe with the sec.

I agree with you, I was just responding to the statement that they were the "best" teams. Ohio State was deserving, but no where close to the best. Neither was Michigan.

Thats interesting ... so your saying if your teams are not undefeated, that they are still the best teams ... Ok, I can also say that then.
Fwiw, I'm not saying OSU is the best team, just better than they are currently ranked.

Florida shouldn't have been there, seeing they were NOT the #1 or #2 team.
Therefore the game shouldn't have even happened.

The BCS ranked Florida #2, #1 after they whipped Ohio.

So I have no idea what you're complaining about.

The BCS ranked Florida #2, #1 after they whipped Ohio.

So I have no idea what you're complaining about.

Just pointing out that it should have been Michigan playing, seeing they were ranked #2 going in .... we've seen many times where a sec team plays another, loses and still doesn't drop.
Whats good for them should also be good form the rest of the country.

Anyways, I'm trying to not go into the past, but just trying to catch up on posts ... some have to work during the day.

Just pointing out that it should have been Michigan playing, seeing they were ranked #2 going in .... we've seen many times where a sec team plays another, loses and still doesn't drop.
Whats good for them should also be good form the rest of the country.

Anyways, I'm trying to not go into the past, but just trying to catch up on posts ... some have to work during the day.

None of the 3 polls had Michigan ranked #2 at the end of the regular season. So I don't know where you're getting this from.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_rankings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)