NCAA Football 2014 season

Arrgh, these delusional Ole Miss fans!!!! Lol, I'm so glad I don't have to listen to this but about once every decade or so.

On the plus side we still have a great chance to win the west, the conference and the natty.

Reactions: Mike0616
rumors around here are that he was selling game day gear
Hmmm, so this should grow into another Ohio State investigation, lasting years and ruining seasons ..
Are there others involved that you know of yet ?

This is no different than selling the stuff the Buckeye players did.

Well see.

yep, it was the coverups at Ohio St (and Youngstown before that) that got Tressel's schools punished, and him banned from the NCAA. Mark Richt though has a history of suspending players who break rules, unfortunately it seems to happen all too frequently.

It's not the crime that gets you, it's the coverup.

I hate to pile on but like others said and some Ohio state fans still refuse to see, it wasn't so much what happened, its what happened after it was discovered that penalized OSU. This case so far is not comparable really.

I think it was Brian Bosworth who called the NCAA National Communists Against Athletes. The NCAA and their scholarship and eligibility rules need to be overhauled to put a stop to this nonsense.

Didn't the Big10 just come out about scholarships for duration of time in school? The way it was worded on espn sounded like they were in more of a CYA position than doing anything for student-athletes.

I think it was Brian Bosworth who called the NCAA National Communists Against Athletes. The NCAA and their scholarship and eligibility rules need to be overhauled to put a stop to this nonsense.
Don't like the NCAA or their rules, simple solution. Go to Canada and get paid in the CFL until you hit NFL eligibility (3 years out of high school).

If there was cover up and lying going on like there was at OSU they will get slammed.
Seeing that they sat him already, probably no biggie.
Of course we really don't know how long this has been going on or if anyone has previously tried to cover it up or if anyone has lied ... Thus stuff didn't come out till later with the Bucks.

yep, it was the coverups at Ohio St (and Youngstown before that) that got Tressel's schools punished, and him banned from the NCAA. Mark Richt though has a history of suspending players who break rules, unfortunately it seems to happen all too frequently.

It's not the crime that gets you, it's the coverup.
So the crime is ok then ... :imconfused

If thats the case then the Players for the Bucks should not have been affected, they didn't cover anything up, Tressel did.

I hate to pile on but like others said and some Ohio state fans still refuse to see, it wasn't so much what happened, its what happened after it was discovered that penalized OSU. This case so far is not comparable really.
Your right, it's not .... however, the OSU situation wasn't a big deal either till they dug deeper.
This investigation is just getting started, no telling how long it's been going on.

If they come to Reich and say did you know this was happening .... he says Yes, he's questioned why he didn't fess up when it happened.
If he says no, there no constitutional control (thats what they claimed with OSU when someone denied knowledge).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)