NCAA Football 2014 season

Yep... I could see that sure as sh*t. The AP is so full of SEC bias that we all know those that will make the new polls before the playoffs in a few weeks will certainly look at the AP and it will rub off on them. You look at the ND and UNC game today...UNC had it won and was and still is a decent team that got manhandled by ECU and VT over the last few weeks... ECU beat VT in the closing seconds after VT had come back from a 21point hole. So with who is beating who you have to really go back and look at the numbers and just what exactly happened on the losses vs a win. ESPN is already hyping up the ND vs FSU game for next week but does that mean that ND is really that good or FSU that good??

I'd take a close loss of a ranked team in the closing seconds to an unranked team vs a ranked team getting beat by 14 from another ranked team just because of the numbers and the fact that the polls really don't mean anything or shouldn't right now.
FSU by at least 14.

Reactions: Mike0616
Family always comes first.

Mine don't get in the way when it comes to my games... I went to the Alabama game last year on my Anniversary.

Football > wife :D

Now as for games tonight did anyone watch the ND game earlier against UNC and just have a hard time not laughing cause whoever was calling the game one of those guys had a really bad lisp. I mean to the point I had to turn it to another game to avoid laughing out loud.

by 1 point lol - I'm rather surprised at the complete makeup of the whole 25 here I mean look at Alabama.... they just barely BARELY got by Ark and are still 7th. Meh..watch AP come out and FSU still #1 with ND up to number 5 or higher just to make it look like a bigger game for ESPN to hype up for Saturday. Hell they were already hyping it up soon as ND sealed that win they got lucky with over UNC. These polls are such junk...

They are always junk when you aren't ranked or at least not ranked as high as you want to be. 7 or 8 weeks in, the pills have shuffles and are starting to get more accurate imo.

Honestly right now I'd put MSU and ole miss one and two. The rest of the top 10 you could mix and match 3-10 and be about right.

Well, state is number 1 in the ap as well. Fsu 2, ole miss 3.

#1 and #2 are too close to really matter but it will only hurt ESPN and their hype for the game this coming Saturday lol I expect FSU to win pretty good to push them back up to #1. You look at Miss St and who they have played.. LSU whom is no longer in the rankings and who barely got by Florida. If I had my choice I'd put Baylor at #1 over Miss St....just by watching the nice change of pace they call Offense in yesterdays game.

State has had by far the toughest slate to this point. They may well fall off, but for right now, the ranking is well deserved.

State has had by far the toughest slate to this point. They may well fall off, but for right now, the ranking is well deserved.

By what measure?? Again you are looking at polls that shouldn't justify that "toughest slate" who said LSU was that good of a team to start with when they clearly are not a top 25 team or a good team when they played them or now. I'm with many others about doing away with polls till after week 6.

They are always junk when you aren't ranked or at least not ranked as high as you want to be. 7 or 8 weeks in, the pills have shuffles and are starting to get more accurate imo.
I disagree ... My team is not in the top 10 and I think Bama squeaking by should not have stayed where they were.
And as for ND .... they will get smoked next week.
#5 ... really ?

That said, SOMEONE has to be there, we can't have a Number 1 and 2 and then go to 10 ...

NFL Wild Card Picks

The U...Part 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts