NCAA Football 2014 season

Remember that conference champs will get a big boost in these rankings and every week is a clean slate.
I don't think Miss St is safe at all.

Not really an argument at all.

We were discussing how far Bama would drop vs Ohio State with a loss.
You are saying the committee isn't fair? the AP? or the entire world is just Pro Bama and its a conspiracy? AS for me I am pro SEC. Its just better quality players, coaches and football. And if Miss St had beaten Bama I would firmly state that they were the best in the country and the last part would really piss you off. If they had won they could drop up to 2 games and remain in the playoff due to the murderers row nature of the SEC, IMO

OK how bout this? Get rid of conference championships, Go back to the BCS and take the top 8 and create a REAL playoff where the powderpuffs could quit crying and be served up as victims in the first round.

Reactions: Mike0616
OK how bout this? Get rid of conference championships, Go back to the BCS and take the top 8 and create a REAL playoff where the powderpuffs could quit crying and be served up as victims in the first round.

Now your talking!
Won't ever happen but I agree 100%.

Since the talk of "power five" conferences the past year, the playoff with only four spots will not last long IMO.

You are saying the committee isn't fair? the AP? or the entire world is just Pro Bama and its a conspiracy? AS for me I am pro SEC. Its just better quality players, coaches and football. And if Miss St had beaten Bama I would firmly state that they were the best in the country and the last part would really piss you off. If they had won they could drop up to 2 games and remain in the playoff due to the murderers row nature of the SEC, IMO
Bama and OSU are recruiting the SAME players.

Bama could only hope to have a QB as good as JT Barrett for starters.

Ohio State has PLENTY of SEC Speed.

Since the talk of "power five" conferences the past year, the playoff with only four spots will not last long IMO.
With 5 Top Conferences, the teams taken never should have been 4 in the first place.
Obviously a conference would be held out at the very least. that said, it's not about conferences anyways.

Whats gonna happen if the sec EAST wins the SEC Championship ?
Then the wonderful sec would potentially have NO ONE in the top 4.

Just think, IF Missouri should win the East and the SEC Championship, the Big Tens bottom team would have beat the Best of the SEC.:eeek:clapping:D

Make it 16 like the FCS.

Bama and OSU are recruiting the SAME players.

Bama could only hope to have a QB as good as JT Barrett for starters.

Ohio State has PLENTY of SEC Speed.

Jimbo, now you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. Yes, Barrett is very good (looks like another Teddy Bridgewater to me), but you have moaned that tOSU was anchored by having such a new QB like he was a dud, but now you are admitting he wasn't? Whoa!

And the excuse you keep dropping in about injuries and inexperienced players? Like tOSU has the market cornered on those conditions? WTH do you think other teams are dealing with? Doh! The same exact things are saddling all teams, some to a greater degree than others, that is all.

tOSU blew a game to a lesser team, takes their lumps in the rankings, get over it. Be thankful that the game against Penn State wasn't fairly officiated or they would be a 2 loss team (completed pass my ass and the play allowed after time expired, etc. made it look like the game was fixed for tOSU!) Since they didn't really win that game, one could easily argue they are actually OVER-rated and belong no higher than 20-25.

Jimbo, now you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. Yes, Barrett is very good (looks like another Teddy Bridgewater to me), but you have moaned that tOSU was anchored by having such a new QB like he was a dud, but now you are admitting he wasn't? Whoa!

And the excuse you keep dropping in about injuries and inexperienced players? Like tOSU has the market cornered on those conditions? WTH do you think other teams are dealing with? Doh! The same exact things are saddling all teams, some to a greater degree than others, that is all.

tOSU blew a game to a lesser team, takes their lumps in the rankings, get over it. Be thankful that the game against Penn State wasn't fairly officiated or they would be a 2 loss team (completed pass my ass and the play allowed after time expired, etc. made it look like the game was fixed for tOSU!) Since they didn't really win that game, one could easily argue they are actually OVER-rated and belong no higher than 20-25.
If you pay attention to what i have said .... I've been OVER the va tech loss along time ago.
And No One knew how good Barrett would turn out at that point of the season, unless you KNOW somehow that a freshman QB will be great right out of the gate.

If you think you know that going in, your lying to yourself.

As for the Penn State game, yes they got some calls, however you can't blame the Buckeyes for the Officials mistakes .... fwiw, there were plays that went the other way too.

Agreed, why not at least 16? 32 would actually make more sense, IMO. That would vastly improve the quality of competition in the bowls that would serve as playoffs as well. You know ESPN is lobbying against this option as they own so many of the "toilet bowls."
Problem with this idea 32 anyways, when would you find time to play the season, 32 teams would take all of Dec and half of November.

Whats gonna happen if the sec EAST wins the SEC Championship ?
Then the wonderful sec would potentially have NO ONE in the top 4.
Ironically that's where Miss St. is sitting pretty. As long was they beat Ole Miss and Alabama beats Auburn, then they don't have to risk losing to Missouri or Georgia like Alabama has to.

If you pay attention to what i have said .... I've been OVER the va tech loss along time ago.
And No One knew how good Barrett would turn out at that point of the season, unless you KNOW somehow that a freshman QB will be great right out of the gate.

If you think you know that going in, your lying to yourself.

As for the Penn State game, yes they got some calls, however you can't blame the Buckeyes for the Officials mistakes .... fwiw, there were plays that went the other way too.

Barrett being a QB that was going to be pro-quality was not exactly a surprise and I look for him to be playing (ala Bridgewater) as a newbie in the NFL in a few years (when he decides to go pro.) As I told wife, when Miller was deemed unable to play, tOSU was not in all that bad of shape, Barrett would have started at over 90% of the Div I teams as a freshman, even the SEC ones. :eeek He was not exactly an unknown quantity in his skill as a QB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)