NCAA Football 2014 season

Hey Jimbo, do you realize that this is the 5th straight week that your buckeyes have risen in the CF selection poll?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...huts-down-its-football-program-210938522.html

The University of Alabama-Birmingham will officially shut down its football program at the end of the season, the school announced Tuesday.

UAB becomes the first Football Bowl Subdivision/Division I-A school to drop football since Pacific in 1995.

A release by the university cited the results of a review conducted by CarrSports Consulting that said in order to preserve the greater good of the athletic department, UAB needed to end football, bowling and rifle at the end of the 2014-15 academic year.

UAB said it would honor the coaching contracts and player scholarships of those affected. Per NCAA bylaws, players wishing to transfer will not be forced to sit out a season.

And who is going to go from the Sun Belt to Conf USA now?

They won't stay at an uneven number. I think they go for south to keep the bama footprint honestly.

Then again, they aren't currently in Georgia so who knows.

Looks like the selection committe didn't punish Ohio St. for losing it's quarterback, and is taking a wait and see what happens in the Big Ten Championship Game. Good for them.

FSU shouldn't have dropped though. They are still undefeated and should be in the #1 slot. Though that will change after this weekend :D

Other than FSU being #4 instead of #1, the only other issue is TCU being above Baylor, since both have the same record, and Baylor won their head to head match, and if they beat Kansas St. this weekend, would be technically the Big 12 champ. Big 12 really needs to add 2 more teams and get back to having a championship game (Ga Southern is available ;) )

They won't stay at an uneven number. I think they go for south to keep the bama footprint honestly.

Then again, they aren't currently in Georgia so who knows.
Ga State would give them the Atlanta market, but their following is anemic at best.
Ga Southern on the other hand has a large statewide following, with lots of alumni in the Atlanta area.

It's a big market, and one of the reasons Ga Tech was on the Big Ten expansion rumor list a year or so back.

uploadfromtaptalk1417620476685.jpeg
Lol

So we have three current coaching vacancies at big name schools.
Florida
Michigan
Nebraska

In your opinion, which is the best job, and why?

You SEC fan boys have ALWAYS tooted the ole "SEC is better" horn since day one. .

Go look at the national championships from that conference over the past decade or so. 7 out of 8, 8 out of 11. And they have been in 100% of the Championships games the last 8 years with the only loss by 3 points. What other conclusion is there? Heck in some of the games the SEC has been on both sidelines! Do you see them rotating championships between GT and VaTech and FSU? The thought of say Clemson playing VaTech for a national Championship is as probable as Aliens landing their spaceship on my house.

Last edited:
If team 1 plays team 4 and 2 and 3 play ....
Is the committee responsible for the games for the other top teams ?

Will #5 play #6 ? Or even 5 and 8 and 6 and 7 ?

If team 1 plays team 4 and 2 and 3 play ....

Will #5 play #6 ? Or even 5 and 8 and 6 and 7 ?
They are responsible for seeding them, but the old bowls still largely have their own tie ins on years they (the big ones) dont host the semis.

Reactions: Jimbo
The committe chooses the teams for the Fiesta, Cotton, and Peach Bowls, the other's have conference tie-ins.
  • Rose - Pac 12 Champion vs Big Ten Champion (if either is in another semi-final bowl, then next higher team in the conference).
  • Sugar - SEC Champion vs Big 12 Champion (if either is in another semi-final bowl, then next higher team in the conference).
  • Orange - ACC champion vs. highest ranked Big Ten/SEC/Notre Dame team that is not in a semi-final Bowl, the Rose Bowl, or Sugar Bowl. If the ACC champion is a semi-final bowl, then the next highest ranked ACC team goes. If there is a re-match from the regular season, the Orange Bowl can (but not required) skip the highest ranked SEC/Big Ten/Notre Dame team for the next higher ranked.
  • Fiesta - at-large vs at-large (committee selection)
  • Cotton - at-large vs at-large (committee selection)
  • Peach - at-large vs at-large (committee selection)
Group of 5 is guaranteed at least one large slot for it's highest ranked team in the Fiesta, Cotton, or Peach Bowl, with the remaining 5 at-large selections going to the highest committe ranked teams not going to a semi-final game or the Rose, Sugar, and Orange Bowls.

If the Orange Bowl is a semi-final, and the ACC champion is not in a semi-final, it will go to the Peach or Fiesta Bowl.

If the Sugar Bowl is a semi-final, and the SEC champion is not a semi-final team, they will go to the Cotton, Feista, or Peach Bowl, but not the Orange Bowl.

If the Rose Bowl is a semi-final, and the Big Ten champion is not a semi-final team, they will go to the Cotton, Feista, or Peach Bowl, but not the Orange Bowl.

Reactions: hallrk and Jimbo
I'm hearing rumors of Colorado State's Jim McElwain possibly going to Florida. What say you Gator fans?

From what I've read the hold up is the buyout. Florida trying to lower the $7.5 million buyout. Could possibly offer home and home to help offset buyout.
It would be a good fit IMO.

Congrats to bammers!
Oh that my fingers are hurting for typing that.:)

AU close to getting Muschamp as DC. All I got to say is I hope he brings some D linemen with him. We sure need them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)