NCAA players going into the draft.

Salsa, aren't they competing for a national championship EVERY year? Michigan competes every year, we hope to be PLAYING in the national championship game next season.

ok...let me RE-PHRASE...they will be ranked within the Top 5 and in the running for a national championship within 2 years:rolleyes:

Also look into that crystal ball and let me know what Kentucky's record will be.:D

There is all kinds of talent in California Texas and Florida. Miami will be back in time!

In fact, those are THE best states to recruit...and remember....VERY few of Miami's players...when they won the last National Championship were barely in the top 100 high schoolers.....in fact Miami has rarely gotten too many top 10 teams...but yet NO ON has had MORE players go into the NFL than the U....by a HUGE margin....;)

Obviously I am biased on this but I think that you really should look at Quinn's entire situation. He basically holds all the QB records at ND. Yes I know times are different and the coach tends to call passing plays more than previous coaches. Look at him over the last 4 years, he spent a good portion of that on his back thanks to a very week offensive line. He also makes good deciscions like tucking the ball in tightly and taking a sack rather than just throw the ball up when he is under pressure and hope his receivers beat the D to the ball. I could go on but it is not an argument I care to get into since I am so biased.

In light of that I have heard Brady Quinn imply that he is most interested in the Browns. I think that most of these teams with the top picks should trade their picks to gain more picks and players they need to get out of the bottom of the league. Just because you are the first pick obviously doesn't mean you can perform well at that level and most likely you will have a tough time because of the lack of talent around you. Very rarely can one player make a team successful in the NFL.

Obviously I am biased on this but I think that you really should look at Quinn's entire situation. He basically holds all the QB records at ND. Yes I know times are different and the coach tends to call passing plays more than previous coaches. Look at him over the last 4 years, he spent a good portion of that on his back thanks to a very week offensive line. He also makes good deciscions like tucking the ball in tightly and taking a sack rather than just throw the ball up when he is under pressure and hope his receivers beat the D to the ball. I could go on but it is not an argument I care to get into since I am so biased.

In light of that I have heard Brady Quinn imply that he is most interested in the Browns. I think that most of these teams with the top picks should trade their picks to gain more picks and players they need to get out of the bottom of the league. Just because you are the first pick obviously doesn't mean you can perform well at that level and most likely you will have a tough time because of the lack of talent around you. Very rarely can one player make a team successful in the NFL.

Hello fellow south Floridian!:up

Ok....I can understand you point of view and believe me, you did NOT sound bias at all. To me, it's the same situation with Troy Smith at Ohio State.....he is a VERY GOOD COLLEGE QB.....and regardless of what ANY Ohio State U fan/alum/student/booster says...he is a one year wonder! He broke out HIS SENIOR year....that's it....his stats says it. He had an AMAZING season this past year, but the year before that he had AT BEST, good stats...the year before that, he barely started. Quinn, though has put up very good stats the last couple of years.....when his team needed a BIG game from him against BIG TIME opponents...he has been...average. Now you cannot deny that the media machine that is Notre Dame has been a HUGE boost to his hype...and that wind bag for a coach, Charlie "have another piece of apple pie" Weiss(sorry, I REALLY think he is overrated) has campaigned for him as if he was running for president.
The scary part is....he can be another Drew Brees or another Chris Wenke...and being an Jokeland Faiders fan with THE 1st pic....it can be scary.....

Brees was a second round pick. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Ryan Leaf was #2 overall. It's a crap shoot for quaterbacks. You'll have better odds picking a good running back with your first pick. My money is on Adrian Peterson from OU.

Brees was a second round pick. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Ryan Leaf was #2 overall. It's a crap shoot for quaterbacks. You'll have better odds picking a good running back with your first pick. My money is on Adrian Peterson from OU.

We have a very good, though often injured ....PROVEN running back in LaMont Jordan......then again, we DO need a LEGIT QB(not convinced with Walter) and Wide Receiver, and an offensive line...and a coach....DAMN we need everything!!

I would LOVE to trade the #1 for 2 lower 1st round pics and try to accumulate as many pics as possible.

You guys are forgetting JaMarcus Russell. I think he will be the first QB picked not Smith or Quinn.

You guys are forgetting JaMarcus Russell. I think he will be the first QB picked not Smith or Quinn.

I agree with you Ramy. He should go fairly fast in the draft but going first doesn't always mean the best player but more of the best player that first team needs in a position they are lacking

I agree with you Ramy. He should go fairly fast in the draft but going first doesn't always mean the best player but more of the best player that first team needs in a position they are lacking

I have yet to see him play, but I was told he propbably has THE strongest arm in the draft....built like Daunte Culpepper....but faster.

I have yet to see him play, but I was told he propbably has THE strongest arm in the draft....built like Daunte Culpepper....but faster.

During the Sugar Bowl he looked great. They gave some stats on him, it went something like he throws 85 yards from his feet, 60 from his knees, and 40 sitting down. He can be inconsistent but then who isn't really

I didn't say he would be the first overall pick, just the first QB picked.

Hello fellow south Floridian!:up

Ok....I can understand you point of view and believe me, you did NOT sound bias at all. To me, it's the same situation with Troy Smith at Ohio State.....he is a VERY GOOD COLLEGE QB.....and regardless of what ANY Ohio State U fan/alum/student/booster says...he is a one year wonder! He broke out HIS SENIOR year....that's it....his stats says it. He had an AMAZING season this past year, but the year before that he had AT BEST, good stats...the year before that, he barely started. Quinn, though has put up very good stats the last couple of years.....when his team needed a BIG game from him against BIG TIME opponents...he has been...average. Now you cannot deny that the media machine that is Notre Dame has been a HUGE boost to his hype...and that wind bag for a coach, Charlie "have another piece of apple pie" Weiss(sorry, I REALLY think he is overrated) has campaigned for him as if he was running for president.
The scary part is....he can be another Drew Brees or another Chris Wenke...and being an Jokeland Faiders fan with THE 1st pic....it can be scary.....

Stats for the last 3 years for Quinn and Smith go a bit towards Quinn due to him playing more games earlier.

Smith :
YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2004 68 122 896 55.7 7.34 68 8 3 10 134.15
2005 149 237 2282 62.9 9.63 85 16 4 14 162.66
2006 203 311 2542 65.3 8.17 58 30 6 18 161.91

Quinn:
YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2003 157 332 1831 47.3 5.52 85 9 15 13 93.52
2004 191 353 2586 54.1 7.33 54 17 10 25 125.87
2005 292 450 3919 64.9 8.71 80 32 7 20 158.40
2006 289 467 3426 61.9 7.34 62 37 7 31 146.65

I am not including the 2003 season as Smith did not play.
Smiths passing rating is better in every year as well as the yards per attempt
Completion percentage is a wash as each has been consistant with each other.
Smith had less sacks and less interceptions every year.
Quinn had more TD throws.
I think 2004 was the year Smith split time with Swick, so his numbers are not up there.
As far as Smith the last two years, I'd say they rate right up there.
I certianly would not say he's a one year wonder.

Records the last two years ND 19-6 OSU 22-3 .....
The previous year was worse ND 6-6 OSU 8-4

Jimbo

Ohio State - Gonzalas

Ohio States junior WR Anthony Gonzalas has decided to go pro.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2727947

I was really hoping he would stay, so we could have a little continuity on the offense next year.

Ted Ginn has not yet declared, nor has Pittman, both are pondering going.
I think Ginn is as good as gone. His foot turned out to be a sprain and he is doing fine.
Seeing Gonzo is gone and more than likely Ginn too, Pittman will probably go to, figuring , Why should he stay when the rest left.

Just my opinion.
Gonzo was the one thet made the team go, he's a much better WR than Ginn.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)