NCAA says that Tressell is NOT "forthright"...

A cynical attempt by the college president and AD to save their cushy jobs and by the college to avoid its deserve death penalty.

Announced on a holiday, trying to get the minimum news coverage.

This really changes nothing. The Liar must be banned for life and the college must have its program shut down.

As a Michigan fan I wish he would have stayed not because now I am claiming instant wins but let's see how you do when you have to make changes

How did anything related to this case help Ohio State win games? It didn't.

Try to keep up, OK?

Outlaw State's player illegally sold their award for over-value. The awards were just a vehicle in the pay-for-play scheme. Outlaw State was using professional players againt schools that followed the rules.

That aside, Outlaw State, had its Liar Coach, told the truth, would not have been able to use those professional players at all. You do understand enough to get the idea that their backups are not as good, right?

Even that aside, this particular scheme is only the tip of the iceburg. Outlaw State has been engaged in a pay-for-play system since the Liar brought his ciminality from Youngstown. In the end, we will all understand (although only those of us in the real world will admit) that every player on Outlaw State was paid.

And finally, of course, the Liar was dealing with "street agents" to funnel money to players, and still tries to cover this up.

Death.

Post corrected.

Those games were played on the field, and had nothing to do with transactions regarding memorabilia.
It helped them potentially not lose games. If Tressel had done what he was supposed to do and report the infractions, it would most likely have meant in-season suspensions for the players involved. Some of those wins might have had a different outcome without some key players....

with all of the talk about his great legacy, let's remember one thing. he should be remembered for all of the choking his team did.

Lkr said:
with all of the talk about his great legacy, let's remember one thing. he should be remembered for all of the choking his team did.

If I am not mistaken, at both schools, he left due scandal/sanctions...that should his legacy. 2 schools....2 scandals.

salsadancer7 said:
If I am not mistaken, at both schools, he left due scandal/sanctions...that should his legacy. 2 schools....2 scandals.

He didn't leave YSU because of a scandal from what I remember.

He didn't leave YSU because of a scandal from what I remember.

1998: An FBI investigation into a trustee at Youngstown State University, where Tressel is coach, reveals information that former quarterback Ray Isaac received approximately $10,000 in cash and improper use of cars. Isaac had led the Division I-AA Penguins to the 1991 national championship, the first of five national titles won by Tressel (four at YSU, one at OSU). Tressel claimed to have no knowledge of the violations, and a cursory school investigation implicated him in no wrongdoing.

OSU hired Tressel in 2001.

A timeline of Jim Tressel's fall - ESPN

Post corrected.

Those games were played on the field, and had nothing to do with transactions regarding memorabilia.

THANK YOU YAZ,

Iv'e been saying this all along and NO ONE cares to listen.

Last edited:
It helped them potentially not lose games. If Tressel had done what he was supposed to do and report the infractions, it would most likely have meant in-season suspensions for the players involved. Some of those wins might have had a different outcome without some key players....

And had the PLAYERS done what they SHOULD have done, NONE of this would have taken place .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts