NCAA says that Tressell is NOT "forthright"...

Try to keep up, OK?

Outlaw State's player illegally sold their award for over-value. The awards were just a vehicle in the pay-for-play scheme. Outlaw State was using professional players againt schools that followed the rules.

Even that aside, this particular scheme is only the tip of the iceburg. Outlaw State has been engaged in a pay-for-play system since the Liar brought his ciminality from Youngstown. In the end, we will all understand (although only those of us in the real world will admit) that every player on Outlaw State was paid.

And finally, of course, the Liar was dealing with "street agents" to funnel money to players, and still tries to cover this up.

Death.

And you have PROOF of this WHERE ?

As expected, your ongoing rambling is just that ... you have NO PROOF of any of what you just posted here.

This may restrengthen or spark up conversations again of why paying players above/beyond scholarship for living costs may be needed to avoid things like this.

This may restrengthen or spark up conversations again of why paying players above/beyond scholarship for living costs may be needed to avoid things like this.
Will never happen, because paying the players will make them professionals, and cause college athletics to lose it's tax free status, which the universities will never allow to happen.

Also, Title XI (or whatever number) will mean an equal number of ladies will need to be paid, or again some heavy tax implications.

And had the PLAYERS done what they SHOULD have done, NONE of this would have taken place .
I guess you could take it that step further, but it seems clear that if Tressel had done the right thing and reported the violations when he knew of them, the worst thing that would have happened was possibly a few games would have been lost in 2010 without the suspended players.

Tressel would most likely still have his job today, and tOSU wouldn't be stained with being mentioned with the likes of SMU and USC...

I guess you could take it that step further, but it seems clear that if Tressel had done the right thing and reported the violations when he knew of them, the worst thing that would have happened was possibly a few games would have been lost in 2010 without the suspended players.

Tressel would most likely still have his job today, and tOSU wouldn't be stained with being mentioned with the likes of SMU and USC...

100% agree

Where in your post is the information that he left Youngstown State because of the scandal? He was cleared of all wrong doings from what you had posted.

Wow!! I never claimed he left because of the scandal. Again, this post (at least the way I intrepret it) is an attempt to back up what you said:

1998: An FBI investigation into a trustee at Youngstown State University, where Tressel is coach, reveals information that former quarterback Ray Isaac received approximately $10,000 in cash and improper use of cars. Isaac had led the Division I-AA Penguins to the 1991 national championship, the first of five national titles won by Tressel (four at YSU, one at OSU). Tressel claimed to have no knowledge of the violations, and a cursory school investigation implicated him in no wrongdoing.

Plus, think about it, if a coach is leaving a school like YSU under a cloud, does he get hired at a top program like OSU?? :eureka

Wow!! I never claimed he left because of the scandal. Again, this post (at least the way I intrepret it) is an attempt to back up what you said:

Sorry, I took what you were trying to say wrong. I thought you were trying to back up him leaving because of a scandal with your post. I now know what you were trying to say.

So, like I said, had the PLAYERS done the CORRECT thing .... none of this would have happened.

However the players antics came first, they were the START of all this, Tressel was NOT.

I understand but he could have come out smelling like a rose if he would have followed the rules and turned it into the NCAA right away. Instead he came out smelling like a turd.

Don't forget that I was a huge Tressel supporter before this all happened. I thought he was an outstanding person and coach. This totally changes how I and many others will think of him.

Don't forget Jimbo that the players did not do this to Tressel. Tessel did it to himself. He had control of his future and he blew it.

JAG72 said:
I never said there wasn't a scandal just that he did not leave because of one.

How do you he was not forced out because of it? That might have been one of the conditions. His legacy is forever tarnished, now, Tressell swims in the same greesy pools as Tark "the shark" and John Calipari. Where they go, no one will trust them because of the track record. Yeah you will get a big name, but most will feel that within 5 years....SOMETHING will float to the surface.

Jimbo said:
Gee, to think ... hmmm, no one else has ever had a scandel... hmmm, must be just Tressell ... amazing.

No one is saying that there have never been other scandals, The U, MY FAV TEAM, had their Pell Grant and "Uncle Luke" scandal in the late 80s...FSU, MY ALMA MATER, had their 'foot locker grab', but at no point has The U or FSU, ever presented themselves as saints. Tressell did, he got busted and now more and more 'bodies are floating to the surface'. Face it Jimbo, it's Ohio State's turn on the ferris wheel.

cjwct said:

I have been saying this since my college days.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)