NCIS

Wow, didn't see that one coming. What a shocker.
After 17 seasons and we have a shocker on NCIS?
Oh My God Omg GIF

Is NCIS reducing their actors due to Covid or are these actors not wanting to do their job due to Covid? There has been two deaths and one left to do something else and all of them are females. Or is something else going on behind the scenes like the reason Abby left?

In Jacks case I think they ran out of things to do with her.Palmer's wife was only ever seen maybe once,easy target.And Emily was like a 2 episode a season character,so again easy target and it gives them an excuse to make Fornel go really nuts.
Plus the long history of killing off characters,so why stop now,it's drama.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Is NCIS reducing their actors due to Covid or are these actors not wanting to do their job due to Covid? There has been two deaths and one left to do something else and all of them are females. Or is something else going on behind the scenes like the reason Abby left?
I thin k its pointing to the show ending ... possibly at Season end.
Mark Harmon has been talking about Retiring (at least from Gibbs, maybe all together).
They probably figure the show would not continue if Gibbs were to retire.

Some may end up going to the new Spin off in Hawaii ...

For all the suspension of disbelief the show demands in its basic premise, one thing about it that is realistic is that, just like the real world, your job group changes over the years. People come and go.

That said, the end is clearly near for the show. Clearly they are out of ideas, have been for a long time, and it seems episodes are being written to focus on various supporting characters, giving each one last time in the spotlight.

My guess is one more season after this one.

I thin k its pointing to the show ending ... possibly at Season end.
Mark Harmon has been talking about Retiring (at least from Gibbs, maybe all together).
They probably figure the show would not continue if Gibbs were to retire.

Some may end up going to the new Spin off in Hawaii ...
No they'll have a prequel of Gibbs in his younger days.:)

Reactions: dfergie
For all the suspension of disbelief the show demands in its basic premise, one thing about it that is realistic is that, just like the real world, your job group changes over the years. People come and go.

That said, the end is clearly near for the show. Clearly they are out of ideas, have been for a long time, and it seems episodes are being written to focus on various supporting characters, giving each one last time in the spotlight.

My guess is one more season after this one.
I see they will be adding a new character: ‘NCIS’: Katrina Law Joins CBS Series As Recurring – Deadline

NCIS has been renewed for the next season, but NCIS NO has been canceled after this season. NCIS LA has been renewed also.
The Original NCIS has been Renewed ....
I hadn't heard that yet ...

I'm Glad of it, but it does surprise me, as I think Mark Harmon is really wanting to leave/retire ...
That may be part of the reason NCIS NO was cancelled as Harmon was highly involved in that show as well.

This may very well be the last season coming up.

The Original NCIS has been Renewed ....
I hadn't heard that yet ...

I'm Glad of it, but it does surprise me, as I think Mark Harmon is really wanting to leave/retire ...
That may be part of the reason NCIS NO was cancelled as Harmon was highly involved in that show as well.

This may very well be the last season coming up.
I doubt it is a cheap show for CBS to produce.