NCIS

I asked about it awhile back (1-2 years), and why NCIS looked so bad compared to many others. Something about the cameras they use, but I do notice it looks worse than any other CBS HD show.

Hard to tell but... 2 from last night, 1 from LA last night, 1 from 2 years ago and 1 from USA...

Attachments

• NCIS.jpg
    NCIS.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 178
  • NCIS 2.jpg
    NCIS 2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 177
  • NCIS LA.jpg
    NCIS LA.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 183
  • NCIS Old.jpg
    NCIS Old.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 189
  • NCIS USA.jpg
    NCIS USA.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 172
I've been in 3 OTA markets, and in all, I've noticed that NCIS always looks worse than the other HD CSI programming. Someone told me, on another forum, awhile back that the cameras they use or something for lower costs, are the issue. Dunno, but MCIS LA always looks better than NCIS.

Also noticed on Miami, that when they arrived in LA, the filters seemed to be off and the PQ was much better IMHO.

NO PQ issues for me on Dish, but I was annoyed watching this week's episode when DiNozzo and McGee just broke into the car to search the laptop. Even though they later said "too bad we can't use this evidence, since it was obtained illegally," it irritates the snot out of me that hollywood just runs roughshod over the Fourth Amendment, and basically glorifies the ability to find ways to break into vehicles to gain private information. And, who cares if they break the law in the goal of catching a bad-guy.

Ok, no reason to continue this rant, but I have been grading criminal procedure exams for the past couple days, and crap like that drive me insane. :)

NO PQ issues for me on Dish, but I was annoyed watching this week's episode when DiNozzo and McGee just broke into the car to search the laptop. Even though they later said "too bad we can't use this evidence, since it was obtained illegally," it irritates the snot out of me that hollywood just runs roughshod over the Fourth Amendment, and basically glorifies the ability to find ways to break into vehicles to gain private information. And, who cares if they break the law in the goal of catching a bad-guy.

Ok, no reason to continue this rant, but I have been grading criminal procedure exams for the past couple days, and crap like that drive me insane. :)

For some reason my wife likes this show. Some of the characters I don't care for, like Abby, but Ziva makes up for her. Just wish they let her hair down more. ;)

I don't know if it's just me or what, but I still haven't had an issue with the PQ of NCIS. Each ep looks just as good as NCIS LA. CBS never looks as good as other networks but these are the only 2 shows I watch on that channel so it doesn't bother me.

I watch Ncis on my local ota Cbs station in 1080i. I have to say this show looks very unclear to me compared to hd shows on other networks like Fox or Abc. Maybe they are purposely bluring the pq to hide the wrinkels on aging Mark Harmon?