Nee help with Dish billing

ToddMeister

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Long time dish customer here, I have two 508 DVR's and one 311 receiver on my account.

When the new rates went into effect a couple months ago, my bill jumped from $69.99 to $82.99, which I think is wrong. The bill should be $72.99 I believe.

I have the Classic Gold 250 with Locals package and 3 receivers.

I have called the past two months and the CSR has dropped $10 off the bill, but each new bill is back at 82.99. How can I fix this?

Attached is a copy of the new bill showing the charges...

Attachments

• dishbill.jpg
    dishbill.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 180
There is no reason why they should be dinging him for 4 receivers when he has only three. There should be 3 $5 receiver charges and a single 5 credit for the 1st receiver included with the package. The CSR somewhere missed crediting the $10 back or the credit is ending up 1 month behind the billing.

Your bill shows for $72.99 but it is an $82.99 from the previous balance. We would need to see that bill to understand the existing balance.

62.99 for 250 package w/ locals + 4 solo receiver @$5 each =82.99 for the past two months. The image of the bill above is this months new bill I viewed online.

I only have 3 receivers, so why are they charging me for 4 receivers? The CSR's have been removing the extra two $5 charges, but they reappear in the next months bill. CSR's claim it is a billing error, but they don't know how to keep it from happening again.

I'm confused about how much the bill should really be. Should there be 3 solo receiver charges, or just 2? One 508 DVR is primary, and the other 508 DVR and 311 are additional receivers.

The $3/month increase is plenty enough. If it becomes $8/month, I think it is time to look at switching to another provider. An 11% monthly increase is not acceptable.

The CSR's are telling me to send just 72.99, which I have done for the past two months.

Where can I find info on how this new billing works?

62.99 for 250 package w/ locals + 4 solo receiver @$5 each =82.99 for the past two months. The image of the bill above is this months new bill I viewed online.

I only have 3 receivers, so why are they charging me for 4 receivers? The CSR's have been removing the extra two $5 charges, but they reappear in the next months bill. CSR's claim it is a billing error, but they don't know how to keep it from happening again.

I'm confused about how much the bill should really be. Should there be 3 solo receiver charges, or just 2? One 508 DVR is primary, and the other 508 DVR and 311 are additional receivers.

The $3/month increase is plenty enough. If it becomes $8/month, I think it is time to look at switching to another provider. An 11% monthly increase is not acceptable.

On some bills they charge for every receiver on the account but credit back the fee for the first receiver on the account that is included in the package price. You should only be charged for two receivers net.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts