need 4dtv tips

Status
Please reply by conversation.

malady

Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
no picture.plenty of signal strength(up to 100),digital quality(up to 100),tried new lnb, stillno pictureanywhere.Is there some trick i need to do to get it going?

What satellite are you on? What channel are you not getting a picture for? Do you have it hooked to your tv/monitor correctly? More details please?

Al

trying to figure that out

replaced a dead unit. move the dish and when i get a strong signal i flip channels c/ku setup, get ku, dish is pinned

What is the error you see? 'searching for channel'?

Get it on G1-3 and then get it authorized for whatever programming you are looking to subscribe to. You can fine tune G1-5 to get it dialed in.

If you replaced the unit and are getting good quality, then Shawn is right you need to get the new unit authorized.

thanks for the input

G5 is the lowest satellite I get.Would the receiver still get in the clear analog and digital signals without being authorized?

malady said:
G5 is the lowest satellite I get.Would the receiver still get in the clear analog and digital signals without being authorized?
As far as I know... It'll work for analog but for digital you need some kind of authorization, and you need the channel maps.

You 'might' get the maps if you can lock onto any of the pay digital transponders... maybe G5-12 (Starz channels). Try parking it there for a day and see if you get the digital channels available (G5-100, 101 etc). If you can get the 'subscription required' screen, you are making progress.

You'll need to get over to G1-3 for the guide.

G5 has many of the analog sub channels.

It just occured to me how you'd have good digital signal and no video. Sounds like you are tuning to say G5-12 which can give you a DC lock and signal strengh. You won't get video until you tune the mapped channel (G5-100 etc).

I hate to say it, but most of the DCII clear stuff I watch is West of 125.

You have to be on G1/G15 to download the program guide. If I'm reading your other post right, you've been on G5/G14. You can't download the program guide from that satellite. Sorry......

Al

Oooops.... Sorry b9099, I mistook you for malady. But, the same still goes, you need to be on G1/G15 to download the program guide. If you've already tried from G1/G15, sorry I mentioned it.

Last edited:
still no pic live in maine dish is way east go options 644 enter g0 get 100 signal 99 quality. signal does vary from 100 to 10. quality stays at 99 even on channel 13

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)