need a connector compression tool and fittings for rg6 cable. any recommendations?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
i was rearranging cable connections in the basement and i was futtzing around trying to cut cables and put temporary ends on them. if i don't touch or move anything, the system is working. i want to set up a board with splitters and combiners to various places in the house so everything is usable and durable. i went to sadoun for a compression connector tool and there were too many there to chose from. need a good recommendation for a sturdy compression connector tool. thanks, charlie

I definitely would not recommend twist on F connectors. That is just asking for trouble later on.

Check out monoprice.com. The have good prices on the compression fittings and tool.

just went to monoprice.com and ordered the compression tool, stripper, and 50 connectors. hope they work... thanks for the tip. charlie

While we are at it again here, the silicon dielectric stuff, I have a tube of that already from something I put on the car once. How are you supposed to apply it to fittings though? Just on the connector threads, or smear it on the center conductor inside the fittings?
Never knew what to do with it, so it sits in my toolbox.

While we are at it again here, the silicon dielectric stuff, I have a tube of that already from something I put on the car once. How are you supposed to apply it to fittings though? Just on the connector threads, or smear it on the center conductor inside the fittings?
Just put the open end on the connector up against the mouth of the squeeze tube & fill to the top. You want to eliminate any spaces for moisture to get in. Any excess will ooze out between the threads when you make your connections. Simple.

Just completely fill the inside of the connector and that will keep the moisture out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.