need a little help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The cool thing about that 12' dish is i remember even the guy at the satellite shop being jealous of my dads dish, he was the type of guy the had to have the best of the best so i assume it was a pretty good dish. And it will be kinda cool that 3 generations of my family will have worked on and used that dish.

The cool thing about that 12' dish is i remember even the guy at the satellite shop being jealous of my dads dish, he was the type of guy the had to have the best of the best so i assume it was a pretty good dish. And it will be kinda cool that 3 generations of my family will have worked on and used that dish.

That is cool!

What kind is it...got any pics?

Well you should be set on declination then. :)

That is cool!

What kind is it...got any pics?
No but I hope to be headed over to the other house this weekend and ill post some pics, I took pics of the 10' today but i left my phone in the truck at the shop. Ill try to throw some pic up tomorrow, or maybe later tonight if i get called out ill bring my phone home and post later tonight.

Here is a photo of the 10' dish im getting ready to replant that is around the corner from my shop, and a pic of the 90 cm dish that started the thread on the roof of my shop. Have no idea what kind of dish the 10' is as i havent really gone over it a whole lot. It does need a little repair of the mesh but overall its not in bad shape.

Attachments

• IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    461.9 KB · Views: 172
So i was unable to actually work today and my permits came in the mail today so i started work on accumulating misc items to start putting up fences and what not and i stoped by to actually look at the 10' dish this morning. It is a unimesh 10 foot dish. I beleive it was made by uniden if i recall correctly. It looks like I will be able to save the ribon cable too as it is run underground in 2" conduit all the way to the guys crawl space and there has to be 30 to 40 feet of it coiled up in the crawl space. SO it looks like i lucked out with close to 100' of ribon cable to boot. Ill have to spend a bit of time hammering hail dents out of the flimsy aluminum mesh, unless someone knows where i can fins some aluminum expanded metal with that small of holes.

Ill have to spend a bit of time hammering hail dents out of the flimsy aluminum mesh, unless someone knows where i can fins some aluminum expanded metal with that small of holes.

I've had good luck with removing a mesh panel (one at a time), then laying it flat on smooth concrete and using a rubber mallet along with a piece of pipe to smooth out dents/hail dings. Perforated sheet aluminum can be used to replace damaged panels. A local metal shop may be able to order perforated sheet if they don't stock it already. If you are close to Wichita, you might also check with 'The Yard.'

I had forgotten about the yard, thanks for the reminder. I'm actually in Wichita right now but the wife says we don't have time to go by there today because we have to get the kid back to school. Maybe next time. I've nearly gotten the dish panels sewn back together and flattened out. Stopped by the other house and picked up an old video cypher 2 receiver/ dish positioner and an old Macom dish positioner. Now it's just a mater of figuring out how to use these old dinosaurs until I get the OK from the "BOSS" to buy an asc1

Reactions: Titanium and FTA4PA
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)