need a quick schooling

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RidgeRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Raymond, Maine, United States
Been a while since I've been here...mostly been playing FTA. I've become a little interested in getting a sub account. I see that 4dtv went away and now to subscribe to channels its thru HITS. Looks like you have to go thru skyvision or SRL.

Here is my question what do I need for equipment? Is this all C-band?

Also what type of receiver...from what I'm reading a 410 will only allow you to park on one bird which will limit channel choices...So I guess that was part two of my question. If I want to have a wide variety of subscription choices I'm assuming I need the dish to move so which birds do I need to see?

Thank you

HITS2Home is on C-Band 105W

You can use a 410 or your existing 920/905/922 4DTV setup. You wouldnt need to move the dish as all the subscription programming is on 105W

Plenty of threads on the subject here in the 4DTV area. The stickies have lots of info too :)

If I want to have a wide variety of subscription choices I'm assuming I need the dish to move so which birds do I need to see?

At the moment the only subscriptions are available for 105w (HITS). This is the fallout of Motorola cancelling 4DTV support for end users.

There is hope that this situation will change in the future, some here are very active in that effort.

Like Iceberg said, plenty of info here in Stickies etc.

Search for and read up on "conversion to hits", "no brick conversion", "end of 4dtv" - as a few suggestions.

Look for a G Box and a FTA receiver to add to the 410 setup. There are also a lot of other variations. Spend a lot of time in the background reading here and at other forums and discussion
groups to find out the whole galaxy of choices. If you like what you read welcome to the hobby.

I would get a 922 4DTV over a 410. That will allow watching of other DC2 feeds & masters when ITC. I would like to see if we at the Map Master project can get the 410's & * choice receivers to work like 905's and load generics. That would be awesome.

Last edited:
So I have the dish already. It appears to me I can buy a dsr-410 from skyvision. If I understand things correctly The programming and guide is all on one bird.

It seems like skyvision is a good deal? Are there forum sponsors people are buying their receivers from?

I bought my DSR410 from Skyvision - you need to check their stock levels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.